Where to buy Arma2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Arma2

I've been trying to get back into arma and run into a few snags....

Since the link for ¨Buy Now¨ on the official Arma site is broken.

First one is that I originally bought Arma2 from Direct2Drive and since they got bought out by Gamefly and now even tho my purchase shows in their records I can not download it without purchasing it again.

So I wanted to ask where people buy their games reliably, I thought about Steam but I came across problems with it in the past where you only get a limited amount of activations. Digital downloads are convenient but not really cheaper than in the box so I do not want to have any limited activations.

Re: Where to buy Arma2

As far as i know, steam does not have limited downloads for ARMA. Steam is the best option imo.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Yep, I would recommend steam as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
        As far as i know, steam does not have limited downloads for ARMA. Steam is the best option imo.
        doh.. best is CD or DVD, u dont need download smthng except mods

Comment

Yeah, if you can get your hands on a CD/Retail version, it will make installs quick an painless, but you will need to patch manually each time. That and not lose the disc, lest you want to buy another copy.

Going through steam makes losing the ability to install virtually impossible (Unless you get VAC Banned or lose your account info); however, downloads can take forever due to the fact the game is not a small game and unless you have awesome downspeed.

I'd say go with the steam version, but if possible have a retail version laying around somewhere.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
            Since it's a 30min one way drive for me to the nearest store that would have the boxed version I'll give steam a try.
            I do try to always get my hands on a dvd but like the conveniency of digital.

Comment

I would vote for steam as well.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Why not buy it from the source and BIS keeps all the money , Store.bistudio.com. Its a digital download but you can burn it to disc if you feel the need to have a hard copy in your hands. I bought all my iterationsof the game and dlc's this way, they have a permanent record on their site where you can download your games whenever you like

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                  Why not buy it from the source and BIS keeps all the money , Store.bistudio.com. Its a digital download but you can burn it to disc if you feel the need to have a hard copy in your hands. I bought all my iterationsof the game and dlc's this way, they have a permanent record on their site where you can download your games whenever you like
                  Since the link for ¨Buy Now¨ on the official Arma site is broken.
                  That is why he was asking.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I just went there and went through the whole ordering process up to the very last click and it all worked . I didn't do the last click of course.

Comment

I would say steam, yet sometimes they run out of CD codes and you may have to wait a day or more after your purchase in order to download. I did not have to wait while on the other hand my friend did. IMO steam is the best option if the devs website isn't working.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X