Asr ai

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asr ai

So I just noticed that ASR AI was installed on Bravo. What is it? Does it only affect the AI's ability to pickup new weapons? Do we need to script missions for it?
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Re: Asr ai

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105

ASR_AI turns your average Joe AI into a proficient enemy worthy of your bullet. Im not to sure of the scripting requirements for it so I'll let someone else answer that.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Comment

There is nothing required in the mission making for this add-on. It only requires to be running on the server.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

DOes this run on CHarlie as well?

Comment

It runs on all our servers.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

One word: wow.

Just watching for 10 minutes I saw the following:

AI squads stuck together, moved to the cover of a building - even with no contacts. They did a 360-degree perimeter, and even cleared the building they were next to using CQB tactics to get to the rooftop and have a better view of the battlefield. All under AI initiative, with no contact with the enemy (unit was under "combat" mode).

Once in combat, they employed volume suppressive fire and bounding overwatch used when covering large open distances (they did a buddy tap when bounding). I've never seen that in Arma2. Need I say more?

Other stuff like flanking and pulling back under fire, as well as being suppressed, are already in the old AI system we are used to.

This is highly impressive. The amount of fire they put downrange in the actual engagement was likewise pretty intense. This mod should make things very interesting!

On an unrelated note, you should really 'this allowDamage false;' when you are in the middle of a battle recording!
              -Einstein

Comment

This has been running for many months now. Have you noticed AI on their dead? They are taking ammunition! They will suppress you while another team will move on your flank. They will use smoke to conceal movement beyond just retreating.

Its very impressive when you throw the units down in the editor and watch them up close.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

should make the event interesting =)

Comment

I had no idea and never.noticed the mod install client side before. :)
                    -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X