Arty Practice Session/Refresher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Arty Practice Session/Refresher

Calling all gunners, loaders, ammo guys, and other basic arty class graduates:

Several players have approached me and expressed a desire to practice artillery. Rather than practice in ones or twos I thought it might be useful to practice in a group as arty is a team sport. There will be no mission, it is simply a practice session. You will be loading a m119 gun or shooting a m119 gun for an hour, getting better at it, addressing problems that come up, and occasionally having a laugh.

If this sounds like fun to you, I cordially invite you to join other aficionados of the King of Battle, Field Artillery at the following event:

What: M119 Practice Session/ Refresher
    New date: Oct. 23rd, Tuesday.
    New Time: 6:15 pm EST and 10:15pm Zulu
    Where: TG Charlie Server
    Duration: 1 Hour. (+/- 10 minutes)

Important Notes:
    1.) You must have already taken a basic arty class to attend. It need not necessarily be the one recently this Sunday, but any basic arty class in the past. This is not done to be cruel, but just to focus attention on improvement rather than basic learning. (If you missed the basic class and still want to take it, rest assured, it is my intent to teach another basic arty class within a month or so.)
    2.) This is not a class designed to teach new material and you will not receive any ribbon or other acknowledgement from TGU for attending. It is a voluntary session, come if you want, because you want to be there and improve your skills.

Please sign up below with your in game name. This is not because this session is limited to those who sign up, but more so I know how many to expect and can make appropriate plans. (For instance, if many people sign up, I need to add more guns, ammo, and targets in the editor, etc. )

Thank you!
    Garthra
    Last edited by Unkl; 10-18-2012, 11:49 PM. Reason: change of date
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Arty Practice Session/Refresher

It's a bit early for me, I'm working but if I can get out early enough to make it I'll be there.

Comment

Thats my problem too. Some days it's possible but generally that's still on the clock time.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Phoenex and Unkl: How about we change the time slot?

I understand the time is bad; as no one has yet agreed to the stated time, I would like to offer several new time slots.

Please message me with better times for you. I am presuming you want an evening timeslot, for obvious reasons.

My constraints/impossible times in the evenings are as follows (ALL EST):

Monday 22nd, cannot do anything before 6pm. After that should be free.
        Tuesday 23rd, cannot do anything before 6pm. After that should be free.
        Wednesday 24th, probably (not certain) cannot do anything after 5pm.
        Thursday 25th, cannot do anything after 4pm.
        Friday 26th, cannot do 4pm to 8:30pm. After that is fine. (But will conflict with any friday night mission.)
        Saturday 27th, Open. (Want to avoid conflict with saturday night mission, if any.)
        Sunday 28th, want to avoid conflict with Dimitrius's Scorpion Ops event (3pm EST start, continuing for several hours). Other than that free.

OK.
        With those on the table, please post here OR PM me with when would work best for you. As I see it, the early bird gets the worm, and you two are the early worms.

Thanks!
        Garthra

PS
        Unkl, who do I talk to about editing the initial post with the time/date, assuming I do want to change it in the future?
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Tues 23rd sounds good.

Just post in CAA & a moderator can change it for ya.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

23rd works for me

Comment

Ok, give me 24 hours to check in with a friend on confirm Tuesday. If Tuesday is a no go, Wednesday or Monday should be free. (The probably Wednesday night event may shift to Tuesday, I need to lock that event down.) I will get back to you ASAP.

Comment

Tuesday the 23rd is Confirmed. 6:15pm, Tuesday the 23rd.

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Count me in too
                    sigpic

Comment

Would it be ok for a greenhorn to just observe? Tues 6:15PM EST? Yeah that sounds great for me. If I'm free after 5:30PM, then I'll make it.
                      Thrash Till Death!

sigpic

Comment

If you make it or not, here is 2 usefull links that Garthra created for the course and to use after. I would strongly recommend looking over both of them.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...o8Y/edit?pli=1

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CLiqqt8K&pli=1

Taking the time to review them ahead of time will greatly improve your experience/understanding of what everyone is doing.
                        The original links are in the TGU arty sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix[Can] View Post
                          here is 2 usefull links that Garthra created for the course and to use after. I would strongly recommend looking over both of them.

Taking the time to review them ahead of time will greatly improve your experience/understanding of what everyone is doing.
                          To give proper credit, Black Python created the reference guide, I created the comm guide with assistance from Beinseth.
                          But yes, they are useful for any student of arty, for review or learning.
                          I sometimes glance back at them when I forget something basic.

Comment

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING BASIC ARTY, BUT MISSED THE LAST ARTY CLASS, THERE WILL BE ONE MONDAY OCT 21, AT 6:15PM EST, (10:15PM ZULU). Signups will be posted today. Suggest you sign up! After that you can join us for practice on Tuesday!
                            Last edited by Garthra; 10-20-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hey Garthra I didnt come last time because of Battleye issues, but Im coming monday, so will that allow me to come tuesday also?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X