Basic Training Basics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Basic Training Basics

I was looking on youtube and found some Basic Training Basics which i thought was good enough to share with everyone.

sigpic

Re: Basic Training Basics

Good review tools for basic stuff we should all know, but many of us (myself included) are not all that good at. Thanks for posting!
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

good stuff, very good stuff!

Comment

Some additional pics for formations.

Column:

Reaction when contact is enabled:

Line:

Staggered:

Arrowhead:

CQB Column:

Going over a crossroad:

Aproiching a compound:

The formation also applies when in a convoy. Also when in a convoy the unarmored vechiles belong in the middle not in the rear, in case of an attack in the rear.

Also suppressing fire when in contact helps the other ppl in the line, wedge or arrow to get to saver locations.
        There is no such thing as a perfect plan.... Friendly fire - isn't...... If the enemy is within range, so are you...... If the Platoon Sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.....

Comment

All these things are in the works for TGU courses, and quite a few people got a taste of the basic "squad attack" and "react to contact" that one night OPS and I taught it. It's all very advanced stuff, and requires practice after practice after practice. You won't see this stuff on Bravo -- these have been posted before, after all -- unless you get a bunch of guys repeatedly drilling them.

Comment

Tbh I donīt look alot beyond this forum section. Cause this is afaik the forum section for bravo server. I think thatīs why hellstorm also posted it here to reach the guys on bravo, that want to play but not that strict but more as a guideline. At least I did.
            There is no such thing as a perfect plan.... Friendly fire - isn't...... If the enemy is within range, so are you...... If the Platoon Sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.....

Comment

Good stuff hellstorm. I'll go as far as Austin in saying that even if people take away general behaviors from the above videos (when at rest, setup 360. when moving, verbally relay orders to the man next in formation, etc) they've done their job.
              Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
              A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I really welcome the 3 Fireteamleader - Squad - Structure. since the 9 man squad is - in the game - quite useless and slow.
                Besides that I dont think - by efficiency means - we can use that 3 Fireteam structure for three reasons.

1. it is too difficult to control such a huge group as the squadleader. you can do it, but two fireteams will always be more widespread and hump on one place, reactions, decisions are done faster.

2. the echoing technique is quite nice to keep the radio channel free and to let anybody cover their arc without watching when the squad moves on.
                but even with this - I think - there will be too much chattering on the radio if they get into hasty situations or close to another squad, so individuals misunderstand orders from different squad e.g.

3. I think the best way to play this game is with close communication to a leader, which has to be proven as a fireteammember and the step above first, to show others how you can
                lead and what you can expect from the others, what their tasks are. with a 3 Fireteam squad you are not as close to a leader as in a 2 Fireteam squad, so it is more difficult to
                learn and understand.

In the Field Manual FM 3-21.12 you can see what formations there are with a squad or humvee column, when to travel, travel overwatch, bound overwatch and
                more importantly you can see the advantages and disadvantages of each formation and when to use it reasonably.

@Austin

In my eyes "going over a crossroads" is inaccurate and partly missing some important stuff. aswell as the CQB Column and Column.
                Last edited by kOepi123; 11-01-2012, 02:41 PM.
                what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

I support the use of sections in our missions. Thats 8 men in a two fireteam arrangement as used by UK, Australia and Canada to name a few. The reason is it works well with our player counts. The trouble is missions that use US Army units and thus use the rule of threes. So we will be using a mix n match of way of organizing.

Really looking forward to basic infantry coming out from TGU and the advanced. The TGU team has really polished the content to be relevant to the game and strip away the unnecessary clutter.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

s`all good as long as we learn :)
                    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Originally posted by kOepi123 View Post
                      @Austin

In my eyes "going over a crossroads" is inaccurate and partly missing some important stuff. aswell as the CQB Column and Column.
                      These are based on basic dutch tactics, that every soldier learns. Specialized units use different tactics and are more efficient, but train this every day. Our commandos are using different tactics, cause they are in the frontline more often then our support units.

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                      I support the use of sections in our missions. Thats 8 men in a two fireteam arrangement as used by UK, Australia and Canada to name a few. The reason is it works well with our player counts. The trouble is missions that use US Army units and thus use the rule of threes.
                      They also changed there sniping tactics from 2 teams to 5.

Comment

lol hellstorm,
                        I found a mistake in that video fireteam wedge Part 1.

in 0:42 the angle of the wedge is determined as a 45° angle, but it aint, rater 90°.
                        so what angle is it now lol :P.
                        what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X