Letter From Arma 3 Devs in prison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter From Arma 3 Devs in prison

A letter written from the Arma 3 devs in prison giving an update.

http://i.imgur.com/Ub153.jpg

Re: Letter From Arma 3 Devs in prison

You can sign the petition too, if you haven't already. They are up to 18,000 signatures!

http://petition.helpivanmartin.org/signatures/new
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Comment

Good post Addison.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Yes I have signed the petition,and thanks Dimitrius. I think all of us should sign the petition, the whole matter of them being in jail is pretty absurd.

It also doesn't help to send them a postcard you create online that will be printed and sent to them http://postcard.helpivanmartin.org/

Comment

It is both absurd and understandable.

My question is, why didn't they contact the sovereign government of the military installation they were attempting to survey and ask permission? If a nation finds some random guys taking pictures of their military installations, then, well, those guys are subject to the nation's laws.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
            It is both absurd and understandable.

My question is, why didn't they contact the sovereign government of the military installation they were attempting to survey and ask permission? If a nation finds some random guys taking pictures of their military installations, then, well, those guys are subject to the nation's laws.
            Well, that would be because they haven't been taking pictures on purpose. So far it looks like they more or less accidentally took few pictures they shouldn't have, while taking pics of something else. We are talking about some random stuff on background of quite ordinary tourist pictures. The main piece of "evidence" against them, consists of 14 frames from a video, taken from a moving vehicle. The vehicle was moving on the highway on the way to the international airport. The "secret military base" is sitting just beside the highway and anyone can see in.

They had been arrested in their hotel and the arrest was made based on 3rd party information. It does look more like a revenge from island Mayor, who was strongly opposing against the Lemnos island being in ArmA3.

Comment

I am unsure whether the pictures were taken on purpose or by accident, however, some people live by a saying I can't quite remember. "It is better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission"

Comment

Originally posted by Addison View Post
                I am unsure whether the pictures were taken on purpose or by accident, however, some people live by a saying I can't quite remember. "It is better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission"
                If you intend to take pictures of something which is not permitted, is probably pretty good idea to ask. However if you take pictures of random stuff as a tourist, you can easily end up in the same situation as them. I have some quite old pictures of me in front of Bulgarian Sozopol navy base from times where it was still active army base used by Russians. And only way later I noticed the small sign nearby (written in azbuka), prohibiting the taking of pictures. The practice in most civilized countries is to confiscate the film/cards, or in worst case the equipment, do some basic background check and then release or expel those involved. Arrest someone is pretty serious stuff. And to hold them for months even seriouser. :-P As I know one of those guys personally, I can reassure you that they are no spies and I bet that Greek secret service knows it too. And what is even more absurd is, that Greek side thinks they are spying for Turkey. You know? The Turkey which is in NATO the same way as Greece is? Something tells me that Turks already know everything they could about the army installations on Lemnos and most certainly do not need two Czech game developers to do any spying for them.

Comment

the officical position of BI, when I read it last is,

that they were just on holidays, after their work on the island, not making case sensitive pictures like from buildings or military buildings.
                  what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

/signed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse