TvT Night - Wed Dec 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT Night - Wed Dec 12

Get your game face on. TvT night for the team on Wed Dec 12 starting at 22:00 Zulu. Who's in & how do you wanna play it?

There is a PvP scene out there that is largely vanilla. We can get in there quick and mean like. You guys gotta get together & come up with a team leader so we can coordinate events.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TvT Night - Wed Dec 12

Bah! I've been looking forward to this for a while, but it's too early for me :( Have fun though!
    sigpic

Comment

I would have joined, but at that day and time i'm far gone at a Christmas Ball. Have a nice TvT Mission though and Good luck :)
      I'm known to be a helping person.

Comment

This will be running all night for the team to get going. Alpha II is set up often when we can spare a server for the team to use. I've had Charlie running now & then when there isn't test missions waiting to go. I can't run all the configurations we have for ArmA instances at once so one of them is always off. (Alpha, AlphaII, Bravo, Charlie, Delta) This means that I don't run AlphaII & Charlie at the same time but it keeps it easier to have one dedicated to vanilla & one that is configurable.

Anywho, that is not important to the team. Just get together guys and start using these servers when they are up. A large portion of the PvP scene is vanilla from what I've been told so I suggest you get ready for that.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I was wondering what sort of addon set people use for TvT use, not that I'm put off by Vanilla OA/CO etc. I did mention to Chichco about looking into the ST Volume mod as a possibility - I think it would have a significant positive impact on TvT especially - but again, if it's not on the table I'm fine with that. I think myself and Chichco are trying to get more people onboard as a team but we'll see.

Comment

Yeah, if there is team but not enough players so I belive me and Meshuggit will be glad to join u. Also if there are alone players without team we will be glad to see u in our team. Just PM us.

Comment

Purpose of the TvT night is to get together as a group. You guys can play some missions and try out different strategies and play some games against each other. The idea being that we get a team ready to rock for scrims against other teams from outside TG.

So you get used to some of the parameters and missions that are common out there like the AAR ProMode missions that are on Alpha II right now.

So you don't need to make teams up prior the event, just go down the list....odds on this side, evens on that side....game on. The purpose is to gel a team.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Charlie is set up for TvT tonight.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

One issue with TVT night last night - the Promode maps didn't work. At. All.

Not only did our weapons disappear, but so did our player models, and when we fired our guns, the rounds seemed to stop immediately, like there was a brick wall in front of us.

It was completely unplayable, and needs to be fixed if we are going to use it.

Any thoughts?
                  "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                  -Einstein

Comment

On another note, I have a TVT mission up on Charlie that will need a bit of testing. Wondering if anyone might be able to help me out to see if the loadouts are balanced, spawn issues, etc. There are many to test.

Might need 3-4 people at least. Was thinking of early Saturday morning, say 9am Pacific Time? PM me if you are interested. :)
                    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                    -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by zilfondel View Post
                      One issue with TVT night last night - the Promode maps didn't work. At. All.

Not only did our weapons disappear, but so did our player models, and when we fired our guns, the rounds seemed to stop immediately, like there was a brick wall in front of us.

It was completely unplayable, and needs to be fixed if we are going to use it.

Any thoughts?
                      I noticed this anomaly when running it on my local machine thinking that it would behave correctly on a dedicated server...but it is the same as you have mentioned. The player is completely invisible at times that appear to be random - if you force a respawn it can go away but that's not very useful. I have played this pro-mode in the past (over a year ago) and never witnessed this bug, so perhaps it's the latest release that's the culprit? Going to search for this bug on Google and I'll let you know if I find anything.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X