Arma folks & R6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma folks & R6

Hey folks. I know this isnt exactly Arma related but hear me out. Right now on Steam theres a firesale for Rainbow 6 games. Sadly no Rainbow Six or Rogue Spear, BUT there IS Rainbow Six 3 and the original Ghost Recons. Us folks who gravitate towards Bravo server could get a few R6 games together. We'd definitely get our CQB fix and small-team mission stuff going. What do you guys think?
    Thrash Till Death!

sigpic

Re: Arma folks & R6

I play Arma because its a mil sim and not a fps shoot em up an also to avoid that type of game.

sorry m8.

ps. o yer I forgot and because I'm an elitist Arma fanboy :)
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

I might consider it madcat

if I do i'll send you a PM

good luck with it mate
      sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

Uh BL1P, Raven Shield and original Ghost Recons were NOT shoot em ups. Those were when Red Storm was actually making tactical shooters.
        Thrash Till Death!

sigpic

Comment

I didnot care for the Rainbow 6 series, but loved the original Ghost Recon. So, I just picked up fresh copies of Ghost Recon, Island Thunder, Desert Siege, Graw 2 and Future Soldier all for $23.00 during this recent sale.

Comment

I had a taste of the original Ghost Recon & that made me lose my mind. A buddy had it & I got to play a few rounds and when I'd finally gotten back to it it was Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter....played that like crazy. But the good buds that were playing it didn't quite get how tight the sectors really need to be for CQB in urban areas....and this eventually led me through SWAT to TG.

I often share this sentiment that a healthy dose of GR or SWAT would do ArmA players wonders in understanding how to cover sectors with your 4 man fire team. Especially when you get used to the Takistan vista where long range is so tempting against an AI that can't adjust to the strategy and effect a good counter offense to your long range attack.

They are good games. The AI will drive you crazy trying to make them not look the wall, but the basics it teaches you make you yearn for that solid kind of discipline with real players. "You don't even have to look left because I'll let you know, I will not look away from the left..." kind of sector coverage. Like one foot in front of the other, you walk your lanes of fire according to the cover you have and the risk is minimal.

Ghost Recon is something I'd love to play since I used to be so frustrated not being able to back in the day. Ah well, so many games, so little time. I'll stick to ArmA & PS2 for what little gaming time I get now.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Just checked my steam and it seems I do own

Tom Clancys :-
              Ghost Recon
              GR Advanced Warfighter
              GR AW 2
              GR Desert Siege
              GR Island Thunder
              and
              Rainbow 6 vegas

Comment

That's why BL1P, if you ever played Rainbow Six 3 or its expansions you would be singing a different tune. Island Thunder for Ghost Recon though, that's an excellent choice. One of my favs.

Comment

I Think I have played every Rainbow since 1998 (I think).

Could be wrong though... so many games over too many years :)

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post

I often share this sentiment that a healthy dose of GR or SWAT would do ArmA players wonders in understanding how to cover sectors with your 4 man fire team. Especially when you get used to the Takistan vista where long range is so tempting against an AI that can't adjust to the strategy and effect a good counter offense to your long range attack.

They are good games. The AI will drive you crazy trying to make them not look the wall, but the basics it teaches you make you yearn for that solid kind of discipline with real players. "You don't even have to look left because I'll let you know, I will not look away from the left..." kind of sector coverage. Like one foot in front of the other, you walk your lanes of fire according to the cover you have and the risk is minimal. ...........
                    This. I've been thinking this for the last few weeks. Nothing against Arma, but the way the game handles movement of players and the AI, the game feels better outdoors. It seems very awkward inside of buildings and some of the CQB, but it could just be me. This is still applied to me when tweaking the field-of-view from 55 to 75 degrees too. *shrugs*

Unfortunately due to sleep deprivation I missed out on the original Ghost Recons during the Tom Clancy sale. I do posses a retail copy of Raven Shield, both GRAWs, and the old dog Rogue Spear. Bought Raven Shield Gold on steam almost a year ago.

I barely played Swat 3 and 4 but that was back when my first pc could barely boot up windows 98, let alone run a game. Gotta remind myself to try those games some day. ARGH, reminds me of a tactical shooter that was going to be a back-to-roots Rainbow Six clone. Game was called Ground Branch, but its Kickstarter didn't make it.
                    Thrash Till Death!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...