Suggesting That We Get A Few More Maps For TacticalGamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggesting That We Get A Few More Maps For TacticalGamer

Don't get me wrong, I highly love alot of the maps that we play on here at TG. But I feel that lately we've been playing alot of the same maps and missions. And to me a few more maps wouldn't hurt, it would give another type of terrain/structure to make missions on. It would give us more different types of maps and different ways of thinking based on the maps. And it just gives a wider range of maps and places we can play on. There are a few maps that I would like to suggest for Tactical Gamer.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15482
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12629
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16711

Personally I just feel that a couple of new maps can add more ideas to mission making. Give players more maps to enjoy. And just widens the range of TacticalGamer.

If there are reasons that maps cant be added that I dont know of, then I apologize for bringing this up.
    Puerto Taught Me How To Play, You've Been Warned!

Re: Suggesting That We Get A Few More Maps For TacticalGamer

Would be nice with a new Enviroment.

Comment

Emita City looks nice for urban battles and I have some ideas for missions that could be made for it... sadly I don't know how to code or make a mission so if it gets added I can share some ideas or learn how to code for it

and patrol ops for all three, its adaptable
      sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

Mana Island Fiji
        :icon14:

Comment

You can almost keep time by how recursive this particular topic appears in the forums. It's like at the beginning of every season we have another Map thread.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Welcome to TG.

As Dimi said the Admin team evaluates the available maps on a recurring basis. I like the look of the fiji map.

I'm a cog on a bigger wheel but I'm certain the topic will be discussed in the ARMA admin forum.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Shhhh don't tell them all our secrets. This is not the admin thread your looking for.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
                your
                "you're"

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

O noz.... the spelling police!!!

Comment

Yeah, I'm a grammar nazi. I need to stop doing that, it doesn't accomplish anything.

And I'm sure my own posts are ripe with spelling mistakes.

Sorry Bola, didn't mean to be offensive.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Suggesting That We Get A Few More Maps For TacticalGamer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356974166.200837.jpg

Im always good for more maps!
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

As a side note: Emita City is on the Alpha Server; however, it is not played as common afaik due to us not wanting to keep players from the Alpha Server because of mod constraints.
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Well after many side notes the OP is more about missions the way I read it. This is indeed a needed commodity around here. We need our mission makers to ramp up production and start churning em out. We have just created a new testing server to help it along. Anyone who is interested in learning post up in Mission Development & you will get a lot of support.

As far as maps go...we have a very large download already in TGMaps and are not really looking for terrains to add. What is needed is missions. If more terrains are to be added, some got to go. What terrains & missions can we lose? This is why missions are the way to go imo.

We may very well add something small to the next addition to TGMaps but it will be small. That is another thread...
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Clafgan... and Fa fa fa well krap..

Comment

Here are some map suggestions if you guys are really serious:

Tora Bora http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12969

Island Panthera http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467

Isla Duala http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ighlight=DUALA
                              (even has its own special African units!)

Sahrani
                              (even tho it is from Arma1, it is small, good performance for players, diverse terrain and small cities)

MBG Nam http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12402

Maybe we could do a special map mission days? For instance, we create a single huge super awesome mission that we play only one time, add it to Bravo preset, and then remove it to keep the downloads low?
                              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                              -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X