Bothering pilots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothering pilots

When a less proficient pilot like me is flying it would be really nice if you guys in the backseat did not comment or mock every single move i make, as a pilot you need to concentrate, ALOT, as flying a chopper in Ace is not as easy as it looks. So please keep the "constructive criticism" to yourself whilst the chopper is in the air, it would make it alot easier for us pilots if we only had to focus on dodging missiles and high caliber gunfire.

Thank you.

-Grumpy Ghadlan

P.S The whole Merlin incident that appearently caught everyones attention was nothing more then me deciding to take the shot up chopper that was leaking fuel like a stuck pig back to base for repairs instead of leaving it and me along with the rest of the JIPS stranded in the middle of Celle. No need to make such a fuss about it.
    sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
    [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Re: Bothering pilots

Three steps

1- When they get in the chopper you tell them this is your bird you will fly how you choose to and they can fly their way when there up.

2- Sterile COCKPIT you say in your prefilght brief that when you say that no one is to talk and if they keep doing so turn around and land and explain it agian

3- Be sure in your self from what I see your actually a rather proficient pilot (any landing you walk away from is a good landing) And don't be bothered by it everyone was at the stage your at and it takes time and practice.

P.S

Don't be bothered by what others say its a game and make the most fun of it you can alot of players on Bravo take it a bit to far and forget its not the Army is Arma always remember if you crash get in something else.

Comment

Hey man all I can say if FOXTROT, and tell them that you are flying and if they dont like how you fly, they can do it. It all depends how they give you the criticism if they are approaching you on a respectfull way go take it and work on it, they approach you badly dont listen to them .

All that I can say is that practice and managing criticism is the key to manage and learn from mistakes , take if from one that a lot of "constructive criticism" in the beggining but it gets better , Remember it always get darker before the sun comes up

Comment

At first we heard you, then saw the flames. The reason the squad I was in was so concerned was because we stopped our current mission to attend to any wreckage that may have followed. Glad you did in fact make it back to base ok (command never tells us the situation :P) And you did a fine job flying as I recall from the backseat of the chinook time and time again.
        sigpic

MEDIC!

Comment

CAA and list the offenders !

You asked them nicely and they ignored you or made rude comments report them I say.

Then we should have them hung, drawn and quaterd :)
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Ops summed it up for me. 100% agree with his assessment. This is Your bird, they don't like it, there's the 300 meter drop to the ground.

Oh, and CAA, always.

That will never happen if I am in the bird as a passenger or pilot, just summon your inner UNKL and ask yourself what he would recommend.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

As much as I love to fly and even bought a joystick for Arma and Bravo Server, I don't want to fly anymore. I've been noticing this lack of patience from passengers for the last two months. Arma is a mil-sim, so why not fly with a joystick? Since when does flying with mouse & keyboard make someone an exceptional pilot? Madcat's no great pilot, but he's gotten his share of "damn good" moments. Ok, the flight model isnt perfect, but with joystick and other flight peripherals, flying can get very immersive. Even more immersive when you have to transport human cargo, or do some CAS. Also it can get more unnerving once you're taking fire or have to avoid anti-air.

Flying is not easy. Doesn't make it easier with "gamer" perceptions of helicopters. So clam up and let the pilots, pilot.
              Thrash Till Death!

sigpic

Comment

OPS is totally right and I have never had the experience of snide remarks from players whilst flying, even when I crash, as BL1P will tell you. It is a shame that people do this and it must be rooted out. My experiences with pilots on Bravo are always excellent, TicTtac, Funsize, Madcat, Ghadlan and others who fly you guys are great and don't let anyone else say otherwise.
                WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

I support the OP. Crap happens, keep your pilot happy.

There is no tolerance for mocking players. Snide comments can be meant as good natured kidding but we have players from all over the world who may not appreciate your negativity is only toungue in cheek. Either way, anyone who needs may very well be having a conversation with an admin to be sure this is clear.

Sorry to hear that you got bothered. Hey, we all do. We love this game & we get wound up by it. Bumps in the road are inevitable. Your post did not cross any line but dont be shy of using CAA either.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm asking nicely for people to behave when they are in my chopper, joking around is fine but if we start taking fire and I have to do evasive maneuvers while spamming flares it would be nice if people would stop commenting on my flying as it is quite distracting.
                    sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                    [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Bothering pilots

Know when to have a jovial atmosphere and more importantly know when to put your game faces on.

Mostly your attitude that you bring into server is paramount.

Side note, reading such posts actually upsets me. Knowing that you guys here at TG are better than that.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

OK....I promise I will keep my yap shut. After all, I like tio fly too!
                        sigpic

Canadjun, eh?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...