Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better clean the dust off your joysticks...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better clean the dust off your joysticks...

There is this game called War Thunder that is set in World War 2. It's basically World War 2 planes dog fighting. Siger told me about this game, thought you guys would want to check it out and play with me and him when we are not playing ArmA =). We also don't only fight other planes, we also fight against carriers, warships, tanks etc. We just cant control anything besides the planes. Greatest part about it too is that...ITS FREE!

Gameplay Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5JK-2Yn5NA

War Thunder's Website: http://warthunder.com/

A post Siger made about this game : http://www.tacticalgamer.com/mass-mu...r-f2p-mmo.html

Also I know this isn't ArmA related. I posted it in Armed Assault because most of the people I know at TG play ArmA.
    Last edited by Puerto; 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM.

Re: Better clean the dust off your joysticks...

https://warthunder.com/en/game/releasetree/ this is the release tech tree with planes that are about to be realeased and the ones that are all ready in the game.Also tanks and battleships will be added later on.

Comment

World of Warplanes is coming too (the folks that brought you World of Tanks). Signed up for beta, fingers crossed. Never heard of this though.

Comment

Gave War Thunder a try last night. Rudder wobble is the bane of my existence right now. Its also striking how many extra costs they put in to force you to buy eagles. Their F2P model isn't very sustainable...

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
        "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
        - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Serafiel,yes they did put in a lot of extra costs,but its not really P2W,i for example have level 11 with the germans and a LOT of lions.
          Early on its hard to decide which faction to go for and you gotta keep buying planes as you go but if you have at least 2 kills a match you can manage early on.
          And for example i played a match where i killed 15 guys with my FW 190 earned enough to fix all my planes from all the factions and rearm every single bullet,and still had left to by a plane.
          Compare this F2P model with WOT,SWTOR,World of Warplanes.
          Besides i played World of warplanes and the game-play compared to this one its not even close.
          They dont force you to buy eagles you can manage very well without eagles.

Comment

I'll admit I'm not far enough along yet to appreciate how everything scales. Unfortunately I only have the hurricane unlocked with the Brits, and I'm rubbish with it. I can maybe get a kill or two before some biplane kiddie rams me.

Also, is it just me or are the guns on the low tier planes severely underpowered? I can dump a mag at more advanced warbirds and it seemingly does nothing.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
            "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
            - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Why are you playing other games? Arma 2 isn't good enough for you? What does this other game have that arma doesn't?

Comment

I play plenty of different games besides arma, I like variety.
                sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

I thought arma fulfilled all your needs

Comment

Like the original post here said, there is a place for this discussion which is easily found using the link provided. Move on, nothing to see here lol.

Thread closed.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer
                    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                    189th Infantry Brigade Member
                    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X