Taki and Celle getting...old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taki and Celle getting...old

So most of the time we have been playing taki or celle PO,the reason i am bringing this up it is not because i dont enjoy playing them,its just that we have been playing them too much,since they are our only PO mission that we currently have up to date and...playable.

All ways having to pick from a couple of routes ending on doing like one specific route over and over again.
    Getting in to cover on some god forsaken place only to remember that you picked that exact same spot to take cover a couple of days earlier,and so on...

We do have other missions on other maps but i for one love PO,and i think most ppl prefer PO.

Any suggestions,thoughts on other possible maps for MSO PO on other maps put them over here.

I do think CLA Afghan could be a very fun map for both land and air OPS since it adds so many angles on every point.

I do realize this might be a question/suggestion that has been all ready put up here somewhere but i will go ahead and post another one. :P

I accept criticism on my grammar and poor descriptive ability.

Re: Taki and Celle getting...old

I agree with this sometimes I just choose to go into alpha for a few days or just stop playing altogether, its amazing what happens when you go away and everything feels quite refreshing
    sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

All that I can say is that we play based on population in the server, and depending on the frames per second that we get on our computer, and based on the type of missions that we have, so basically thats the reason we only pay this maps

Comment

I play lingor and cherno but most people reject these when a vote is passed because there computers have low fps.

CLAfgan doesnt have enuf towns to make it viable for PO:MSO
        Falujah has too many building in a too small area
        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Originally posted by BL1P View Post
          I play lingor and cherno but most people reject these when a vote is passed because there computers have low fps.

CLAfgan doesnt have enuf towns to make it viable for PO:MSO
          Falujah has too many building in a too small area
          I understand people get low FPS but should that hamper the rest of the server??

In regards to the other two islands, is there a way for you to setup camps and almost have it like a boots version but with some little birds for air trans and CAS?

I totally agree with Falujah, do you think it would be wise to search for a new island that would fit PO better? What about Padagorsk, Namalask, Panthera....

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

The lack of variety as OP posted isn't due to "performance". It is not knowing that we have tons of missions on different environments (maps).

Look around before you choose missions next time. Encourage others to try them, one person or a small group shouldn't sway the call for all. It's a community, everyone has a voice.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Maybe add some new maps/islands into the mix (In general not just for PO). I know somebody had a thread about this maybe a month ago.

Change is good! Change is healthy!
              sigpic

Comment

I have heard that variety is the spice of life. I am willing to bet you could all benefit by accepting the challenge of different missions on different maps from the CO's to the grunts.

Comment

What i meant was performance from our end not the server ends the servers are fine, maybe Low misunderstood the performance point

Comment

I know what you meant Liquid, and one of the reasons there is going to be a community effort to test the missions on Bravo tonight is to weed out some of those frps killers and other bugs tonight. Join the effort to catch some of these here.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                      The lack of variety as OP posted isn't due to "performance". It is not knowing that we have tons of missions on different environments (maps).

Look around before you choose missions next time. Encourage others to try them, one person or a small group shouldn't sway the call for all. It's a community, everyone has a voice.

I Totally agree and older community members have no sway over newer community members right ?

What should be shown is that the community has a vote and that vote should stand.
                      If the community votes for a mission be that TVT or TDM then the server should follow the consensus.

Just because billy doesn't like blabla mission should not mean the majority should suffer.

I am 100% behind this ideal !!

Comment

Taki and Celle getting...old

New maps arent really needed its just that we need to play more missions. I know Ive uploaded missions to bravo and im 95% sure theyve never been played. Factor in how many people make missions here and theres alot of never played missions.

As great as patrol Ops is..its starting to feel like Domination did a year ago.
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Just to clarify...

Mission selection should be done to include a variety for all. The missions should be cycled through for such a variety. The majority rule does not exist here. Now, consideration must be given to a large variety of factors and what is in the best interest today is not necessarily in the best interest tomorrow. What I mean is those picking missions should be mindful of the fact that variety in missions and new challenges is something TG has never been shy of.

So when most people want to play one style of mission then that is a consideration. How often has that mission been on of late? That is another consideration. So what other missions would be suitable for the server population & the mood at the time? I know this is entirely subjective, but that's an easy task for a mature player base to navigate.

If we ever get to the point of needing strict rules here regarding how missions are selected then we have a more serious problem to address. So far there has been no problem. But when I see something posted like the majority rules...well sorry but I gotta set the record straight. TG has an agenda that includes taking in the wishes of those currently on the server, but also a balance of those whom are not as well. In other words, there is always an element of "build it and they will come". Those kind of decisions are up to the admin team to navigate.

So, I hope this isn't taken out of context, but clearly all is going splendidly. I just felt the need to step in before this "voting" notion got out of hand. I've seen it popping up here & there and we aren't going to be supporting a rule set that will lead us down the path of clearly defining a rule set that you can argue the death out of. No lawyers needed....you can rest easy Garthra. Get your game on! lol. If it ever comes down to an issue where we need that, I do not mind setting the record straight.

The primer is open ended to avoid such arguments. Such is our "policy". We will not be arguing the finer points of doctrine over how a mature community is to choose what game flavour munch on today. If ever an admin has guidance on this issue, that is obviously the way to go. If you have questions on how this should work in a specific situation, see an admin. It's a murky water that the admins are really good at swimming in.....anyone else want a job? lol

edit: Boy did I go off on a tangent there...

Back to the OP, sorry boys....the issue is clearly not how many more terrains can we have for one mission. However, let me throw a big ol' bomb on this thread....

...What if we dump Clafghan &/or Fallujah for new terrains? Can we afford to dump those missions? This is not the thread to discuss it, but its been talked about & honestly I've been waiting for the proposors to put it up in the mission development threads....but maybe it's just me...
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

OK understood vote bad, variety good... got it.

Comment

BL1P, you & I need to chat again.

I didn't say votes are bad...reread what I said...it is one factor to take into consideration. Take a breath my friend.
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer
                              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                              189th Infantry Brigade Member
                              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X