X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bravo - Difficulty Settings

Veteran Mode is the new Expert

Veteran difficulty settings are now identical to expert except that 3rd person is enabled. We are enabling 3rd person for a few different factors but one of them being to include some of our players who can not play due to a queasyness in playing 1st person games. In discussions at the admin level we have decided that those who don't like to use 3rd person can simply not use it. This is not enabled for the purpose of seeing around corners or over obstacles. We will leave it to a gentlemans agreement that such use of 3rd person is not the TG way.

This is not a post to start a discussion on the merrits of restricting the use of 3rd person or of allowing it. This is simply to let everyone know that instead of using Expert now we will be selecting Veteran on Bravo server. If you select Expert by mistake you will notice the AI are far too easy. This has been changed on purpose.

Once again, if you are like myself & don't like the use of 3rd person, just don't use it and you will have no worries.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Bravo - Difficulty Settings

Veteran mode does not come with any red markers on the map that show your exact pos or any other fancy features that you can use that will harm the realism and 3rd person doesn't come with a crosshair anyway, no massive gamechanger IMO.

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
    Once again, if you are like myself & don't like the use of 3rd person, just don't use it and you will have no worries.
    Probably the most important part of the post.
    sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
    [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Im okay wih that but are you gonna add the reticle for third person only or enabling in 1st and 3 third.

Comment

Strange.. "Dont use side chat coz it kill reality", "Dont speak if u dead coz it kill reality", "Dont..." but 3rd view is OK... TvT on Bravo will be with 3rd view? For all or who wanna use it? Who will play TvT after that? If some1 will not able to play with grass or viewdistance more than 1km coz his PC crashes or other reason what u will do?.. Crap, its not same TG where I coming year ago :(

Also will u change ribbon system for 1st and 3rd person players? I think its not same difficulty.
        Last edited by Chichco; 02-02-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

You don't have to use it, and you don't have to set it on veteran if you're playing tvt because you're not facing bots anyway.
          sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
          [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidCommander View Post
            Im okay wih that but are you gonna add the reticle for third person only or enabling in 1st and 3 third.
            As stated by the Game Officer. The only change is the 3rd person view being enabled.

But to answer your question directly. LiquidCommander, would you want to fire from 3rd person view? with high percentage of inaccuracy.
            We all bring the sight aperture up to align our sights towards targets now and in the past.
            Also it is the accurate way to engage targets unless the threat is 15 meters in front of you by which time, you're already being engaged most likely.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

If you wanna play TvT you can still put it on Expert since TvT doesn't have any AI anyway.

Being allowed to use 3rd person on the server is really not a problem. The thing that have changed TG to the worse since year ago is the player attitude. Players not following orders, picking up weapons when they aren't allowed and arguing with their commanders. That my friend, is the real problem.
              |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

How 3rd person will stop taking weapons and follow orders? Maybe removing fog, rain and night from missions will help with that better, my friend?
                Problem is that before it was tactic server for mature players, where they trying complete mission with tactic, brain. Im agree that now sometimes its close to shooter, if half team dead lets call new mission (before mission was ending when all down or its completed). But by adding 3rd view u goung closer to shooter, not to milsim.
                Google cant translate "queasyness" for me, maybe u can help me with this word?

Comment

Perhaps, this thread should have been closed from the first post/announcement.

This thread is starting to slide gentlemen. This is a decision by the administration; taking many factors into consideration and only after discussing this until our ears bled and mouths dry. We arrived on a decision.

This is an announcement, not a request for you to see who's got the larger stick; and we all know who has the largest. That's the Game Officer, the original poster.

Carry on.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Chichco View Post
                    How 3rd person will stop taking weapons and follow orders?
                    I never said 3rd person will stop that, I said the people who do that are the biggest problem on TG. IE making the 3rd person thing not really a big deal.
                    |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

I hate 3rd :(
                      And I hate the fact some can use it even if i don`t.

But I understand maybe one or two people get sick playing without it.

Did you set the enemy settings for AI to match the Expert mode ?
                      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                        Veteran difficulty settings are now identical to expert except that 3rd person is enabled.
                        This is true except they enemies were set for .94 on their skill level on a more recent change. Been knocking that down until we see them acting suppressed with the suppression mod. We used to have it at .69 as standard for a long time before and I think that is where it's at now.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thanks for the update Unkl.

While I wish things didn't have to come to down this, I can certainly appreciate the fact that this is a community (a welcoming community) where our game officers and admins need to take many things into consideration.

Just because a vast majority of folks aren't in wheelchairs, we still see handicap accessible ramps, restrooms, entrances etc. -- it's an inclusionary mindset.

. . .

Is there a post in the forums that outlines all of the current active ArmA servers? As I understand it:
                          • Alpha (no mods, also 3rd person enabled?)
                          • Alpha II (not sure?)
                          • Bravo (3rd person enabled)
                          • Charlie (training/testing only?)
                          • Delta (supporting members only)

Is that accurate?

Regarding the new setting on Bravo, is this new setting a requirement 24/7 or exceptional during special times (eg. TVT, events, etc.)? Perhaps that would satisfy those who are concerned about the change...?
                          sigpic
                          I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Love it... I am a fan of 3rd person view.

Comment

that is a step backwards.
                              tactical gamer has the highest immersion on a regular bases that I know of in the A.C.R.E. community, because it does not give the choice and people have to adapt to that.
                              It was set to that high standard, a standard that does not allow a choice.
                              you have benefits with playing with 3D, you cannot play with somebody who is playing with camera on his head as you would with somebody without that 3rd person.

when I am over a ridge and we are getting shot at and Ill ask the other guy next to me where that is coming from,
                              he simply says, "from over there, use your 3rd person", instead of giving me an answer that would have any use for me.

if choice is an option now, why not allowing to turn off the ingame chat on clientside?
                              what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X