New to Arma2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Arma2

Hey guys. I've had Arma2 for a long time but never really got into it. Now I'm running into a slew of problems and have been using guides and such around the internet to fix quite a few problems. However, I can't see to get the addons needed for TG. I've been using some of the walkthroughs and such here on TG but I think they are for the old Six Updater, where I'm using PlaySix. I cant seem to find where to get @TGMaps and that type stuff.

Please point me in the right direction!

Re: New to Arma2

Hello!

1) ArmA - SOP's, Technical Support & FAQ

2) Six updater setup check list

3) Video Guide - Getting Mods Installed

Should be enough, also if u will have problems jump in TeamSpeak3 ( IP is 174.123.98.92:9988), get into chanels like "Need HELP with something?" and players will help u :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chichco View Post
      Hello!

1) ArmA - SOP's, Technical Support & FAQ

2) Six updater setup check list

3) Video Guide - Getting Mods Installed

Should be enough, also if u will have problems jump in TeamSpeak3 ( IP is 174.123.98.92:9988), get into chanels like "Need HELP with something?" and players will help u :)

The 2nd link is for Six updater and I have PlaySix. Where its talking about the alpha and bravo presets the page doesnt seem to work which makes me believe its different from Six Updater to PlaySix?

Comment

I think it might be. I have never heard of PlaySix before. I would suggest using Six Updater as that is what the current server/mods stuff is supported with.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

True, we use Six updater not Play Six (yet).

Comment

Sixupdater link

Use this link to get sixupdater.
            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
            Former ARMA Admin
            Former ARMA TGU instructor
            Former TGU Headmaster
            Current Noob
            Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Hello Ghost1Bravo and welcome to the Arma2 area of TG. Currently we are using Sixupdater to manage and download the modsets for the Alpha and Bravo servers. Play with Six is not at that point of development to give us the support of the modsets that Sixupdater provides us with now. Play with Six is one day going to replace Sixupdater and Sickboy has stated this within the Play with Six home page if you find the time to read his remarks.

Everyone that has posted above to answer your OP has given you the links and information correctly to help you. Any other questions or assistance will be given on a one to one basis in the Need Help channel of TS or the Arma need help channel.

Now since you have Play with Six it has by default loaded any mods that you have downloaded into your documents folder. So, you can move them into your game folder and won't have to download them again when you start to use Sixupdater. To change the direction of loading the mods with Play with Six just click on the ArmaII Combined Arms pic near top-click settings- look for mod folder and set that to load into your game folder.

Here is a video and here is a written guide to follow with links for both servers for you to acquire.

Good luck and will be looking forward to seeing you in game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X