Jail Script for TK'ers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jail Script for TK'ers

Maybe an interesting addition to some of the alpha maps? I think you would want a threshold (ie. > x TK's over y time). Perhaps could be modified for vehicle abuse?

Just an idea!

www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18523

Re: Jail Script for TK'ers

This is hilarious. Hmmmmmm
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Yes, it will be really 'nice' to build that into the persistent mission types.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

How would this work for honest friendly fire incidents, though? I've seen my share of accidental friendly fire in the game, it happens.

Comment

I think it would need thresholds to compensate for accidental, honest circumstances. Something like exceeding some number of tks over a certain period of time. In the end its similar to an autokick function much like the fire at base system. I see it as an opportunity to relieve and automate some of the administrative nanny work in a fun and persistent way. Could even post signage in and around the jail to educate the incarcerated on TG policy with enough jail trips leading to the traditional kick.

Comment

Perfect I was looking for something like this for civilian kills in PO:MSO thanks :)
            The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

What about pilots who miss when providing cas in "danger close?" Those bodies can add up fast!
              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
              -Einstein

Comment

Sounds like this system will punish accidental team kills as much as problem players, the only difference being problem players don't end up staying on the server long once the admins find out about it

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I don't think it's necessary because 99,9% of the time teamkills are accidental and whenever someone does TK on purpose we got the whole admin team on the case in less than 30 seconds :) . I haven't played on Alpha in quite a while but I assume it's the same there as well?
                  sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                  [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by ghadlan View Post
                    I haven't played on Alpha in quite a while but I assume it's the same there as well?
                    Surprisingly, Alpha tends to be somewhat self-policing in this regard. I have seen probably two dozen incidents of intentional team killing on Alpha when an Admin was not on to immediately boot the offender, and in only two of those cases was an Admin able to get to the server to boot the players.

Typically what happens is, someone goes crazy and starts shooting, and after everyone in their immediate vicinity is dead they log off immediately. I've only seen two cases where they continued to rampage (one involved a guy in a Linebacker destroying every person and asset he could find on base, that was fun to clean up from).

Generally this happens with more people on the server and there is almost always an admin on to take care of it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X