ArmA3 is back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA3 is back!

As most of you probably know by now, the BI developers that were arrested on Limnos have since been released, and the company has proceeded with updates to ArmA3. There first act of business was to change the name of their main Island to 'Altis'. You can read more about why here. their "official" release date is anywhere in 2013. However (although it's still just rumors), the Month of May keeps popping up. BI is releasing more details sometime this February. (you'll also notice that at this moment, www.arma3.com is going through some changes.)

It's time to get excited about A3 again! Woo Hoo!

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Re: ArmA3 is back!

Is there a thread somewhere with more accumulated information about ARMA III? Specifically the aircraft? I have not seen enough information about the aircraft in ARMA III.

Comment

Most of the info here at TG is just status updates for the game. Most every detail available is over at the BI forums. I grabbed this list off their "confirmed features" thread:
      Air:
      RAH-66 Comanche (2)
      Mi-48 Kajman (2,3)
      KA-60
      F 35 A (2)
      V-22 Osprey
      NATO UAV
      L-159
      MH-9/AH-9
      CH-49

There was an article somewhere as about how BI is taking the stuff they learned in Take On Helicopters, and apply some of the physics/properties to A3 as well. Should be interesting.

EDIT: of course, it will be interesting to see what ACE brings to the table as well.

Comment

That's extremely disappointing. Only one Allied Fixed Wing jet? No more A-10? This game was supposed to take place in 2035, I thought. Where's the F-22? Or the F-15E?

Comment

Originally posted by ASharpe View Post
          That's extremely disappointing. Only one Allied Fixed Wing jet? No more A-10? This game was supposed to take place in 2035, I thought. Where's the F-22? Or the F-15E?
          Exactly my thoughts!
          |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Remember guys, this isn't the full list!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TicTac View Post
              Remember guys, this isn't the full list!
              I'm not really that optimistic about that, though. Proponents of ARMA will be quick to point out that none of those planes should be in the game to begin with because none of them are operated by the Army or the Marine Corps (note the above list has the F-35A instead of the B model, which is an interesting switch).

But the put the A-10 in there, and that's not an Army plane to be sure. I think it would be better if they just did helicopters in ARMA 3 and then released something like the DCS A-10 game that linked into the same ARMA 3 server your friends were on but let you do nothing but pilot the A-10. That would be the best of both worlds, but I'm a dreamer. It's a real fault.

Comment

We sure have signs of movement on this getting released. Now the timeline is up in the air and there is a lot of speculation and rumours that we will have some concrete facts released soon.

The release of ArmA3 is something that is foremost on my mind and as information is released we will be reviewing our plans for rolling it out. It's too early to know any details but the admin team is getting excited to see the beginning of planning for this release.

This is going to be epic and we should really gear up our leadership to be ready to funnel a lot of new players into good Tactical gameplay. It's time to tool up and this means getting our SOP and TGU basics down pat. The best way to help is attend the TGU courses and Battle Drills. Its our in game leaders who make the TG experience happen and we are going to need all we can muster.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Really looking forward to this. I pray they keep this as sim as possible..

Comment

Don't forget, the massive Arma community will likely port over most if not all of the missing aircraft to Arma 3. They did it before from Arma1 -> Arma2 -> Arma2 OA, so I think they will do it again!

On a side note, something like Mando Missiles would make aircraft targeting more realistic.
                    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                    -Einstein

Comment

I think my favorite part of BI, is that they're very open to the modding community:

...It also enables our community to start preparing their mods to be ported from Arma 2 to Arma 3, and start new mods. This means there will be more user-made content available at launch.
                      The ACE team has already announced their desire to make ACE3 for ARMA. I have no doubt that, they will make it as awesome as last time!

Comment

Last two times.

Comment

Wow, I'm so behind on this news. Glad to see common sense prevailed.
                          http://youtu.be/Rj3fbPNkYFs

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X