X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR is so OVER

Coming soon to the mass market...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/te...l-reality.html

Would consider buying one of these if its only twice the cost of a Track IR headset. Full 3d tracking + VR? For $300? Are you kidding?!

Thoughts.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Re: TrackIR is so OVER

If the games I play support it Ill be getting one for sure.

Heres one thing that might make it tricky for Arma2
    You cant see the keyboard !!
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Haha they might want to work on their styling a bit! ;)

Some more info from an interview they did at PAX:

Looking very cool so far!

Comment

“There’s no real appetite to wear a peripheral,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Securities.

Where do they get people so myopic. Bring this to market at the price of a decent monitor and I'd have to have one as long as I could run my games and didn't have to buy specific games for the display. Give me a battle helmet with built in headphones and I might have to buy two. LOL
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

To have a fully immersible experience would be awesome. The only issue I'd have is comfort, having something strapped to my face for any length of time could get tiresome pretty quickly.

Comment

I can only imagine ace like complexity.... without being able to see the keyboard :(

Comment

Oculus Rift has been about for awhile now. I don't think this will replace Track IR due to the loss of the ability to see you're other peripherals like joysticks or for some their keyboards. This will be interesting for traditional FPS games and driving simulators. I'm sure this will apply to other games as well but usually things like these get fleshed out after release. It will be nice to know what games and applications will be fully supporting it. Other than that I would use it to watch movies or tv in the comfort of my bed.
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X