ArmA 3 Exclusive to Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 3 Exclusive to Steam

Personally I don't like this but anyway, Read more here http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/21/ar...eam-exclusive/
    sigpic

Re: ArmA 3 Exclusive to Steam

But I already pre-ordered this through www.doyoueverfeellikeyouvebeencheated.com I want my money back!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Don't worry Unkl I'll spam that website with loads of posts, they won't be able to operate anymore!

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Meh... Not super thrilled, but such is life. As long as I can still play

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I have to say, if they have to rebuild their patches for every distribution system they were using, they'd doing something wrong. But then all you have to do is look at the UI and default keys in ARMA II to figure out that they don't know what they're doing.

Comment

They know what they're doing. I think they place a lower priority on certain things that don't ultimately affect overall gameplay. They have made a very great game, with tons of support on other things that no other games have and that's what makes ArmA 2 so enjoyable. I'm sure any qualms you have will be remedied with ArmA 3.
            |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Whatever it takes to get the game . I am not a fan of Steam but I have some games on there, none of arma though. Won't be able to say that too much longer.

Comment

Purely from a sometimes help desk servant's point of view, this is good news... Everyone on the same page, same version, mods all work with that version....ahhhh....i might play ArmA 3!
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Interesting. I actually bought arma2 co on steam, never had any problems! Worked great with six and dlc.
                  "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                  -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by zilfondel View Post
                    Interesting. I actually bought arma2 co on steam, never had any problems! Worked great with six and dlc.
                    Same here. Currently Steam only seems to serve the purpose of pushing out major updates and everything else BIS ever did was in publicly available beta builds. They've been serving the Steam community for quite some time so I think they have got a handle on it. Hopefully we will see an alpha release soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

+1 for Steam. Makes backing up the games library a simple file copy -- great for new PC builds and backups.

Curious about Chief's comment -- what's the story there Chief? Have you had a bad experience with Steam -- please share why you're not a fan. :)
                      sigpic
                      I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Most of my games are from Steam. I do not have problems with Steam anymore. Steam's reputation stuck when it first came out buggy and crashy. But now they have built it to a stable and quite useful platform. Serves me well, as I do not have to maintain CDs and DVDs anymore.

Comment

I use Steam all the time, for everything. Never had an issue with it. It is entirely a matter of personal preference. I can reinstall my computer, open steam, set the programs I want to install, go to sleep, wake up, and I'm ready to go.

Centralized software management is the way of the present, no longer the future. The future will be streaming gameplay from a cloud based installation. I can't wait for those days. Just tap it to my brain.

I enjoy not having to keep track of install CD's and Keys and everything.

Swat 4 notwithstanding.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

This is great news. Steam is fantastic.

Comment

I think I use to dislike Steam just because I couldn’t hold it in my grubby little hands. Now for many of the reasons posted above I’m a huge supporter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X