The TerraMax (a vehicle of injinuity)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TerraMax (a vehicle of injinuity)

I have only placed this here because people here will really be interested in it.

The TerraMax is an un-manned vehicle designed to deliver items to the frontline while having no chance of any injured personell, It can be remotely controlled much like a drone or it can drive on its own and monitors the terrain with 44 lasers in a box above, it can inflate/deflate its tires at any point and has a GPS map of the entire world, all it needs to know is where to reach and it will take any route and shortcut possible.

http://www.oshkoshdefense.com/terramax its amazing just to see

They are currently working on technology to stick this into any vehicle no matter the type
    sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Re: The TerraMax (a vehicle of injinuity)

That would be really sweet Crazi! But, im still waiting on the transition of phasing out the Hmmvs and switching to the MaxRhinos (MRAPS).....in ARMA....
    sigpic

Comment

eventually one day we could all have electronic butlers, lets just hope it doesn't turn out like terminator
      sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

MRAPS are available to use for missions. I have seen them in Arma on our servers. I think mission makers avoid them because somebody said that they are almost impossible to take out.

Comment

Ive seen one take a direct or near-direct impact from an rpg-7 and lose the front wheels, but theyre made like that by design. But! If theyre too OP for arma usage i understand. Just trying to keep with the times....but thats also coming from the guy who wants the new US ARMY characters wearing MULTICAM. :D
          sigpic

Comment

The "drone" technology is really taking off from the Navy using drone patrol boats, the Army looking at using 4 legged work horse robots, and the air force with unmanned aircraft. I think this technology is exactly what the US military needs with the cost of running a private military. They want to focus on the war fighter and not have to worry about the logistics of assigning military personnel to transport supplies and the like.

I would def like to see more MRAPs used in our ArmA missions because they are better then the Humvee for a reason. The same goes with wanting more drone capabilities in missions. The US military uses them more and more and more and we should be keeping with the times in our missions.
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

They have a bunch of new MRAP vehicles on armaholic: the Caiman, the MaxxPro (which we have but have never used in a mission), and the British Ridgeback. We really should take advantage of these vehicles...
              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
              -Einstein

Comment

The MaxxPro i really pushed for because i was sick of stupid light skinned humvees that we always got killed in by IEDs and land mines. The only downside is that the model was never properly finished. The outside was beautiful but the camera angle inside was too low, nearly impossible to see out of and the interior wasnt completely skinned.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

All that I can say that I have seen Rhinos and MRAPS un damaged when artillery strikes are called and they just drive through them

Comment

I know EXACTLY where G.I. is coming from, the only downside is the interior view, you sit too low in the seat. BUT! just have a point hmv to lead. and MRAPS are made to be direct impacted with an rpg or to roll over a mid sized ied. Theres video to prove that.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X