ArmA 3 Alpha - Until Further Notice....Beta versions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] ArmA 3 Alpha - Until Further Notice....Beta versions

Until further notice do NOT go to your Steam options and "Allow Betas".

This will give you the latest dev version of the community Alpha for ArmA 3 and it will crash our server.

TG's server will be staying with the stable releases as we go forward. We will not be supporting Beta testing.

If we get repeats of this players will be banned for joining with Betas. This will be to protect the games on the servers.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: ArmA 3 Alpha - Until Further Notice....Beta versions

I completely agree; there are enough bugs with the alpha and we don't need them being exacerbated by people using unstable dev builds.

Pieman
    "Only the enemy in front, every other bugger behind."

Comment

pfffttt.. we wouldn't want to actually test the game! :P

Comment

Well when anyone joins with Betas enabled all players turn into birds. Kinda a game killer. We will be testing the stable updated Alpha builds.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

beta testing an alpha build? is it the alpha of the beta for the alpha test that causes issues?

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Steam has updates as betas. This is easy enough to have both ways. If you have the updates installed you will see our server with a red X. Don’t try to log in - go in your steam library and select Arma 3. In “properties” go to the “betas tab” and select “opt – out of all beta programs”. If you want to join a server running the updates reverse the process and select “development – development build”. It only takes a couple minutes going between the two as Steam will reconfigure the game for you.

Comment

No it's a pre-beta alpha beta. Or otherwise its a beta version of the alpha not to be confused with the beta version of the game that will be the next big stage of the releases.

There will be updates to the Alpha as we go along. There will be development builds of the next update and players can opt in to using these development builds. This is great for BIS but not so good for communities trying to include players. So generally multiplayer communities are sticking with the Alpha versions which have not been updated yet. We are expecting an update soon due to the "bird" issues with some people using the development builds. However, nothing is official and we will post up when we hear of an update. No one should have to do anything as their clients should update automatically...however the server will need to be manually updated which could mean the server going down until Unkl can get home from work to update it.

Road map of development:

Alpha Released
              Alpha Update tested (called a Beta version of the Alpha for lack of a better term)
              Alpha Update released (We will be updating with this version server side)
              repeat...
              repeat...

Beta Verison released
              Updates to beta tested (called Beta versions of the Beta)
              Updates released

Full Game Release target is 3rd quarter of this year
              Updates to be tested (called Beta's)
              Updates released

Does this make sense?
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Beta version of a patch for an alpha version of a game, bohemia very complicated :row__629:
                sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

This is the way I see it, Alpha of Arma3 released. Meantime bohemia releases beta builds of the Alpha until it reaches the point of official patch release. We will wait for the official patch keeping our server as stable as possible. Now if eveyone can hold off and stay on board with not using the beta's and wait for the official patches then all can have a server available that will run smooth with the current build.

Comment

I'm going to need some help finding that option. Don't know if I have it on or not... lol

Edit 1: Never mind I believe Pieman helped me out. It was under Steam > Settings > Beta Participation. Then opt out?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X