Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ArmA 3 - What do or don't you like about the game so far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ArmA 3 - What do or don't you like about the game so far?

Ive never been a fan of the Arma series, nor have a I played any of the games for more then a few hours in total.

But I can say the movement for pretty much everything has been improved a lot, That alone may bring me into the game.

Comment

Try out one of the ARMA Lite tickets.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

You all might get a chuckle out of the below.

http://m.kotaku.com/5990307/the-most...-now-in-motion
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Randy, thank you for that. You made my day.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Even though I am unable to play Arma3 at this time, I have been keeping up with it, and I must say the new maps are looking pretty awesome, I found this vid of Arma 3 Fallujah which looks absolutely breathtaking and beautiful to the human eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXv2_i49dZs
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
              Even though I am unable to play Arma3 at this time, I have been keeping up with it, and I must say the new maps are looking pretty awesome, I found this vid of Arma 3 Fallujah which looks absolutely breathtaking and beautiful to the human eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXv2_i49dZs
              Sweet. I will look even better when it's re-done with all the new goodies available.
              sigpic

Comment

"What do or don't you like about the game so far?"

As an avid fan of the ofp arma series since inception :-

I do not like arma3 so far it seems to me they are catering to the COD - BF3 play style of the best 12 year old virgin with a twitch reflex and a fast mouse will have the best turn and fire ratio.

gone are all soldiers that turn at the same speed no matter your mouse type.

I do like the idea of variant speed and adjusting your stance.

apart from that its the same as Arma2 so far for me, except it caters to a less strategic and more fps style of game play.

but all that aside a nice alpha build looking forward to them fixing the COD stuff and hoping they revert back to a Mil-sim rather than a twitch fps.
                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

I don't see that at all, it is not linear, you don't level up or get trinkets, it is still a wide open sandbox. We play the same way we always have in Arma, still teamwork with tactics and fun. I do not see or feel COD or any of those type of games when I play A3a. That is my opinion and you certainly are entitled to yours.

Comment

Indeed i am :) and so are you :)

Comment

I really noticed the weather and environmental rendering improvements on one of UNKL's missions earlier today.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                        Sweet. I will look even better when it's re-done with all the new goodies available.
                        I'm not keen on the idea of creating bland maps before we even see what the official map has to offer.

None of the A2 Iraq-themed maps were compelling. Flat, uninteresting terrain with copy-pasted blocks upon blocks of identical buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                          None of the A2 Iraq-themed maps were compelling. Flat, uninteresting terrain with copy-pasted blocks upon blocks of identical buildings.
                          I understand and agree with what you're saying, but do you really think that the houses in the Middle East are really diverse enough to deserve more modelling? The only Takistan I've played is on the Bravo server and I thought it was a great map. It would be a lot more immersive if every building was different, but BI just doesn't have the staff to create hundreds of building models for a single map.
                          |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

I would like to clarify before anyone takes this the wrong way.

I was saying the unlimited mouse speed allowed to turn players now in Arma3 compared to the limit where all soldiers turn at the same speed in arma2. Places Arma3 more in the line of twitch reflex fast passed FPS games..

I do not think all BF3 or COD players are 12 or virgins. I was just using an expression used for that style of game play.

Comment

Now now, we were all 12 year old virgins at one time. ;)
                              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                              -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                                I'm not keen on the idea of creating bland maps before we even see what the official map has to offer.

However for some reason we played them a lot, Fallujah was site of some very large missions. If by comparison we can clearly see the map they were showing off was that of which was available for A2:OA just ported to work in A3. Obviously now with the tech update we should be able to have much more realistic environments. By re-done I meant actually having a unique town model set that would in turn create an even more unique map. However I do not plan on actually making any such terrain or redux my response just lacked the proper grammar. :row__591:

It would also be nice if more maps that were mostly flat took a micro-terrain approach like Celle. Not all maps need to be mountainous or a large forest but everywhere on earth terrain does tend to very as you travel.

It might also be nice to see more city maps that are not located in a desert or forest.
                                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X