• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOP] TGU Quiz #1

Tactical Gamer University
    TGU Quiz

Scenario

You and your squad is travelling at a direction of east (90 degrees). You are a fire team leader, ahead of the squad, ahead of your fire team members.
    During movement, you catch a sight of silhouettes moving right to left of your direction of march. You call the order to "halt". Your fire team members take a knee and covers their sectors. Rest of the squad follows very soon, much like a domino effect. From front to the rear of the formation.

Carefully, looking for the moving silhouettes. You bring up your ACOG sight, and see an OPFOR with one Rocket propelled grenade launcher on his back, and another with AK47 in tow. Oblivious to your location or your squad.
    You pass the information down the line, so that the squad leader gets the full picture.

Question

Which of the following is correct?

a. "Contact. 1 times RPG, 1 times AK47. 350m. Front."
    b. "Sighting. 1000ft, 2 times infantry patrol. Front."
    c. "Sighting. East. 1000ft. 1 times RPG, 1 times AK47."
    d. "Contact. East. 340m. 1 times RPG, 1 times AK47. "
    e. "Sighting. East. 340m. 1 times RPG, 1 times AK47."
    f. "Contact. East. 1000ft. 2 times infantry patrol."
    g. None of the above.
    h. All of the above.

This is a multiple choice quiz. Please only choose one and no explanation is expected.
    That comes much much later.

*TGU Instructors are omitted from this quiz*
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 03-18-2013, 06:44 PM. Reason: TGU-I text addition

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: TGU Quiz #1

G.
    |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

First sighting would be "f." then after bringing up acog sights I then report "d." And then I die. lol

Comment

G.

"East. Movement(or sighting) 340m. 2 times infantry. 1 times RPG, 1 times AK47. Unaware of our position."

Or

Abstract answer: "However the squad leader instructed you to organize contact/movement reports."

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

d.

Comment

g

call in airstrike

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

G
              sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

E & D are pretty tempting but my final answer is G.
                sigpic

Comment

E, But it would be better to provide a bearing along with "East"

Comment

Honestly I would just say "contact! two times enemy, 400 meters." followed by "ummm.....one sec.. east. EAST!" and then I wouldnt stop shooting until i run out of ammo or they are dead :P

I guess thats why I'm never a squad leader though haha.
                    sigpic

MEDIC!

Comment

I try to give bearing first, it gets heads moving in the right direction so the rest of the information that follows is relative to that visual sector.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

G.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

G.

"Hostile bad guys over there, shoot them! Ghadlan you have an LMG you don't need to see them, start shooting! Spaz, stop making fun of Ghadlan. Blip stop making fun of Spaz for making fun of Ghadlan."

"...I really wish officers were allowed to shoot their own men."

In seriousness though, none would apply if I wanted to be proper. Like Chichco said, Contact is for when you've been spotted and shot at. Using feet would annoy half of my squad and I'm not gonna start describing their kit while we're in the open and within range of effective fire. I would move my team to cover before anything.
                          Last edited by Axis_Sniper; 03-19-2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

E
                            Direction, Distance, Description. As I understand enemy havent saw/open fire atm so its "sighting".

Comment

I am going to say "B" since they are oblivious to us at this time.

I also want to say All of the above because whatever is needed to say to get the squad field of fire set up.

Then again I want to say none of the above since the distances seem odd and I might be thinking too much into it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X