Operation Long Good Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Operation Long Good Friday

We would like to cordially invite any and all individuals to take part in 4-day long continuous campaign through a Patrol Ops Multi-Session Operations mission on our Arma 2 ACE/ACRE server.

Disclaimer: JohnCanavar's screenshot.

The unique aspect of this mission is that you may jump in and jump out anytime. Your mission is to combat the ever increasing hostile forces' presence in the Area of Operation known as Celle. The area of operation spans out over numerous cities and towns. Leadership will be dynamic, objectives will be chosen by the players in game.

The game will start 1500Z 29MAR2013. The game is intended to continue until 01APR2013.

A detailed Operation Long Good Friday AAR will be kept of the operation to make sure everybody keeps up to date on combat operations being carried out. You may reference Operation Hoof Hearted AAR to get an idea of what to expect.
    Last edited by SARGE; 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM.

Re: Operation Long Good Friday

OMG ... sign me up .. gimme a ticket . count me IN !!
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

I got my ACRE working so I'm in.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Mother of all missions...
        I'm in as soon as I can!

(The screenshot is of Takistan when the mission will take place in Celle?)
        sigpic

Comment

Ah I messed up the date. We will stepping off in a couple of hours. Yesterday we tested the mission. It has tons of new content and server performance held up even with sustained 20+ players in game. Everybody showed up to the test. :row__523:.

Somethings I have noticed:
          • A commander should be slotted and should manage the game and handle task assignment, determining if a task is succeeded or need to be canceled or failed. To do this a couple of keys must be remembered.
            • LEFT ALT + LEFT SHIFT + LEFT MOUSE CLICK on map to bring up Task Management dialog. This one sometimes does not work. You gotta try again and again, sometimes close the map and open the map again.
            • A Task can be created with description and notes. Once created Click Transmit and the task will be visible to everybody on their map.
            • A Task can be assigned so everybody in game will know and see it as current task. There is a pretty message that comes up as well.
            • A Task can be marked as succeeded or failed or canceled. To do these LEFT ALT + LEFT SHIFT + LEFT MOUSE CLICK on that task make necessary update and click Update Nearest.

• A commander or SSG can build the base once FOB is deployed. You get close to the deployed FOB and go into Construction from Scroll Menu. Once there use numbers. A couple of keys to remember here as well.
            • To change the orientation of a building before place Press LEFT CTRL and use mouse to rotate the building.
            • To demolish a building spam the key "k"... spam it. while looking at that building moving it around a little bit.

• Also with 24 hours spawn on assets we have to take care of our assets. During the test FunSize lost so many assets. :row__690:
          • Killing civilians without evidence of hostility is forbidden. The mission might end if too many civilians are killed.
          Last edited by hedgehog; 03-29-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Just a heads up B the 2ic or Ssg can build and do all that the com can.
            I did that so that the workload can be shared across the 2 commanders.

I can foresee Operation Steal the Civi Car coming into effect at about Hr 16 on day one :)

Comment

I'll be around the first 9 hours of the operation!
              |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

Voted admins have been disabled on the Bravo Server for this event. See you in the field much later in the day. HC client has been fired up if you guys decide to use it.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

We are LIVE!

Several details about the game.
                  In game time is synchronized to Zulu time.
                  This means:
                  US afternoon = Night time in game

COMSIGS are up and running. We have 2 infantry squads, armor support and air capabilities.

Last edited by hedgehog; 03-29-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I'll be arriving with a few re-enforcements after making preparations.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

An administration error has resulted in a reset of the mission. The game time is now synchronized to US Central Time.

Comment

I prefer to think of it as the Enemy Managed to Force us back to our home base and we had to re gain the territory lost.

:)

Comment

It was my fault, I did not know that Reassigning roles would reset the mission.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

did you fail to account for daylight savings?
                            sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

I am going to call the mission 2000 Zulu on April 01, 2013 due to deteriorated performance of the server and the mission. No April Fools.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X