Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to join ARMA 2

Hey Guys,

After spending a few tens of hours on this it seems the Six repository is fundamental broken.

I have used the pre canned YML http://six.tacticalgamer.com/bravo/config.yml but this does not even attempt to synchronize @GLT_MissileBox by way of example (more exist)

Trying to work around this and using PlayWithSix to sync will at least pull the files down, and its a work around to getting ACE via the mod repository but of course none of the signed keys are available.

Hope someone gets to take a look, would be great to join you :)

Re: Unable to join ARMA 2

If it helps debug here is the error when ACE fails to update:

19:37:10: = @ACE
    19:37:10: Already installed, trying to update...
    19:37:10: Required Version: 589 - Required GUID: 63311318-8e84-11e0-b61e-00248c385045
    19:37:10: Selected host: http://six.zeus-community.net/rel/ace/.pack
    19:37:10: Processing .repository.yml
    19:37:10: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://six.zeus-community.net/rel/ace/.pack/.repository.yml.zsync". See log for details.
    If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.
    19:37:11: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) Failed transfer for .repository.yml. See log for details.
    If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.
    19:37:11: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) rSync error 5 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=60 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://eu-fr1.sixmirror.com/su/rel/ace/.pack/.repository.yml" .. See log for details.
    19:37:11: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) rSync error 5 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=60 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://eu-fr2.sixmirror.com/su/rel/ace/.pack/.repository.yml" .. See log for details.
    19:37:11: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) rSync error 5 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=60 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://eu-de1.sixmirror.com/su/rel/ace/.pack/.repository.yml" .. See log for details.
    19:37:12: Repository version: 0, GUID: 63311318-8e84-11e0-b61e-00248c385045
    19:37:12: Calculating checksums for wd
    100.00% (124/124) 00:00:00
    19:37:12: Calculating checksums for pack
    100.00% (127/127) 00:00:00
    19:37:12: Pack Changes: 0, New: 187, Obsolete: 0
    19:37:12: Processing Changes...
    4.75% (6/187) 00:00:40 749.77 kB/s 6 Active
    19:37:53: Please confirm: Are you sure you want to try to open the following URL in your webbrowser?
    http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/sh...f-0021855d3b6d
    4.81% (6/187) 00:00:42 685.80 kB/s 6 Active
    19:37:55: Opening: http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/sh...f-0021855d3b6d
    14.44% (27/187) 00:01:07
    19:38:20: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) Queue Aborted. See log for details.
    19:38:20: No updates found (Current version: 0)
    19:38:20: Userconfig folder already exists, checking for new files only
    19:38:20: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) WARNING: Update was unable to complete. This could be due to a server / connection problem, or due to files in use or out of synch repositories. Please make sure ARMA is closed, retry, otherwise reset and retry. See log for details.

Comment

Which suggests problems with the EU server specifically French one maybe? Is it possible to force USA servers?

Comment

Have to suggest that this is a problem with Six Updater. HERE is their support page. Normally when there is a prob getting some of the content (not all) then there is a problem with the connection to that mod's repository.

If you post up a ticket there you will be on the right path. If there is a problem between you and ACE files there is nothing that we have that is in the middle.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

OK well I will try to forward the problem with them directly, but its worth maybe stickying a note note for other new or returning players to highlight that its not actually possible to play until this is resolved to save them the time of trying to find a solution.

Comment

HOTMACHINA, I had the same issue getting ACE installed via Six Updater. In the end I had to manually download the packages from armaholic and then right click on the Bravo link in SixUpdater and do "Updater Actions >> Convert Manually Installed Mods". I did this with the 'Beta' box both ticked and unticked and eventually it saw reason!

I had some trouble getting PlayWithSix to work as well but I think I figured out later on that this was because PlayWithSix was writing downloaded mods to My Documents, whilst SixUpdater was looking in my Steam folder. It may be worth trying to download using PlayWithSix then manually convert mods in SixUpdater as above.

Sorry if you have already tried all this :) Good luck.
            sigpic

Comment

I have also got this issue, I will try your fix mecharius! I don't understand why mine is getting this error because the first time I tried I had a fresh install of windows.
              sigpic

Comment

I am finding various workarounds, as soon as I have a solid process I will post it.

Comment

Any luck TicTac?

I think this is the key:

Originally posted by HOTMACHINA View Post
                  19:37:11: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) rSync error 5 while processing fetch_file: --times -O --no-whole-file -r --delete --partial --progress -h --timeout=60 --exclude=.rsync --exclude=*.zsync "rsync://eu-fr1.sixmirror.com/su/rel/ace/.pack/.repository.yml" .. See log for details.
                  rsync is a utility that is used for file transfers and error 5 means "Error starting client-server protocol". What does this actually mean??? No idea - basically it can't connect. My solution got around the problem by using good old HTTP to download the file and then the "convert mods" option to convert to sixupdater format. Not sure if it will work for everybody :(
                  sigpic

Comment

That method should work in theory, as for practice...many other factors weighs in. :(

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X