A few small tweaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few small tweaks

The TG Arma Projects Team has been burning the candles at both ends and we are proud to make the big announcement at last. Some of you have been wondering why no mods have been considered yet for A3 Alpha and here is why....

We have built up a custom mission base that will allow in-game assets based on a combination of your PID/IP/GUID/MAC ADDRESS/PayPal. What this means is that to fly an AH-6 you will need to have completed the in-game training modules, logged 40 hours of in training flight time, written a test (in 4 series) for TGU flight certification and completed a check flight with a certified TGU flight instructor. This will guarantee that all in-game pilots will be proficient and professional. Accordingly, these pilots will be going through all the advanced leadership courses and initiative training befitting the rank of officer.

You don't want the hassle? We don't blame you. I wanna be a grunt. So, I'll be schooling up on each rifle and weapon system, logging the appropriate hours and scores on the training server before being allowed to take my TGU tests for each asset I want access to. This is going to be epic! By the time I finish my m249 drills I'll be able to hit a dizzy airborne fly at 300m in two 2-3 round bursts. Do you want that guy in your team? Of course you do!

But, in order to make this all worthwhile we are going make some changes to the landscape. A3 will be 100% TvT sort of hybrid. We have an objective based TvT scenario where you will have to stand guard for real. In real time, waiting for the attack. In order to simulate the actual feeling of being taken by suprise the attackers may be playing a completely different scenario while waiting for the game to randomly switch and allow the attackers into your zone. This might happen in the next hour, it might not happen till tomorrow...who knows? Can you imagine?? When it goes down you will be so excited.

Of course this is going to take some time to set up, so we will be taking as many resources as we can and using them all on this project. You can ask all the Arma Project Team members about it, but they won't be talking. They have been kept in the dark, only working on the bits and pieces that they "needed to know". It's taken a lot of work but that's why we've had to pay Dimitrius the only full time salary that has ever been paid at TG. His talents as a project manager have really paid off, and we hope this works for our benefit as well. Anyway, effective at noon tomorrow the permission system will go into effect and the training mission is expected to be ready by the 3rd quarter of this year. But don't fret, we have retooled some of the old FN rifles for 22 caliber rounds just like real training rifles. All missions are going to be adjusted for their use immediately.

Welcome to the new reality and what a fitting month to start it off on!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: A few small tweaks

Huh? Aaaaaaaah, ok. Nevermind. :icon30: The old guy got it...

Comment

I'm available all day for any questions you may have.

*readies ban hammer*

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

:icon14:
        sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
        [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
          This might happen in the next hour, it might not happen till tomorrow...who knows? Can you imagine?? When it goes down you will be so excited.
          Ooooh this sounds awesome. Cannot wait!

Comment

Ha!
            |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

:icon14:
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Not as good as what Dredge did last year Unkl...but nice try.

Comment

That's brilliant Unk! ** devious smile **
                  sigpic

Comment

...although the aspects of TGU have been discussed numerously before.

Who knows? it could happen. :icon26:

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Can't wait for the flight training. I'm sick of someone else always piloting !!!
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

By now it's past noon everywhere and the yuks are over. Happy April Fools day & I hope you had a chuckle.

However, LowSpeed is right....some aspects of a TGU based permission system actually are under review. It wouldn't be anywhere near as rigorous or invasive as described if it goes ahead. It could be a good way of keeping the lid on assets such as the helos and transport while keeping the server wide open. Anyway, it's at the preliminary discussion phase only.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Sounds like a great Idea ,my only concern is why would you link a paypal account, unless you pay for the certifications, but since there is not enough info yet might be wrong.

Comment

Lol hehehe it was all an April Fools joke my friend. Really, dont believe a word except there is the faint possibility of a permission system but it would most certainly not be linked to your your PayPal or mac address. Its so early days that not one line of code has been typed. There really was nothing serious in my original post.
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Yea just realized it , here in Mexico we dont celebrate fools day until december 28, so yea you got me

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X