Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding ArmA

Hello all.

After having been away from TG for a couple of years so am I, naturally, a bit lost about the in's and out's. However, having mostly played BF:PR back in the days, ArmA sounds like the obvious choice from what Ive heard from friends and such. Anyhow...Considering that my ambition is to start playing with the TG-community again so am I wondering kind of which mods I should go with after having installed the game tomorrow. From what Ive been able to gather, DayZ seems to be quite popular. Ive read trough the required reading and such, but are seeking advice regarding where most people tend to be.

Thank you in advance.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Question regarding ArmA

The very first thing you need is this...
    http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html
    It takes some work to set it up but once it's running it is spectacular.
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Welcome back, Steiner.

As far as mods go, we have three servers that cater to the Arma crowd.

We have the DAYZ server, which as you may know, hosts the survivalist zombie apocalypse mod.

We also run Arma(2) Ace and ACRE server, formerly known as "BRAVO" server, containing a set of 13 required mods which are easily configured and managed through a program known as Six Updater. The modset on this server offer a more "realistic" approach to the gameplay Armed Assault has to offer so be prepared for a steeper learning curve(We do not use VON, ACRE replaces the communication method in this environment). Everyone in game will be happy to help you out if you ask questions and please feel welcomed to just drop in and hit the ground running.

We recently spun up an ARMA 3 server running the Alpha version of the game. This game has no mods and is restricted to no mods from the client side. It's an outstanding build for an Alpha, in this gamers opinion, and we have events coming up in the near future so please join us if you have the game installed.

Find me in TS anytime and I, or any other admin, can help you out if you run into trouble.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Many thanks Dimitrius and Callous, I will take your advice(s) once I go online with the game. Meanwhile, I will continue to educate myself.

Looking forward seeing all TG:ers online.
        sigpic
        The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...