Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A2 Vanilla - Main AO Convoy operation today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 Vanilla - Main AO Convoy operation today?

We have a lot of vehicle assets at main and a very difficult AO to attack on the A2 Vanilla server. I was tootin' around and did some recon and drafted a plan to attack the AO.

The main AO is Bastam and the radio tower is right in the middle of town. The enemy resupply is coming in from the north (most likely from Rasman). We have 4x Linbackers, 4x Abrams. I'd like to take those and 1 MTVR repair, 1 fuel truck, and an MHQ to grid 075081 and set up COP Jackson. On the map I've marked a convoy OOM (Order Of March) and waypoints for the route. I've also marked OP (Overwatch Positions) for the assets to use as we move troops up from COP Jackson to the AO.

If we use this approach we should be able to call in Humvees for transporting the troops quickly as they will be protected from enemy air and vehicle assets as they move in.

This would require a good number of players to pull off as there would be 11 vehicles in the convoy if we used the assets we have.

Convoy OOM
    2x Abrams
    1x Linebacker
    1x Fuel Truck
    1x Repair Truck
    1x Linebacker
    1x MHQ/Stryker
    2x Linebacker
    2x Abrams

Its a bit of a project but I've got a little time today. Who's in?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: A2 Vanilla - Main AO Convoy operation today?

Attached Files
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

If I was around, I would either help organize, or help sling lead downrange for you

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

In for that if I can be there!
        "Only the enemy in front, every other bugger behind."

Comment

We had great mission and the crew ACE folks threw their might into the battle as well. Great games. I love those convoys across the map is a whole new mission before your actual task. We kept it rolling for the most part and despite having half the number players required by the plan we took that AO very quickly without a lot of casualties. I don't think we even had a whole team go down unless you count an ambitious vehicle crew as a whole team.

Thanks for playing along with the plan gentlemen.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

We rolled through three AO's with that crew we had on, and it was pretty awesome all the way around.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X