Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Don't DC!

Privet tovarishchi,

Just a little something that might boost numbers a bit, if you jump on TS and don't see many others, just jump down into the ArmA channel and wait for awhile. I think its another reason why numbers are a little low, people are joining and seeing no one else then just leaving and so there is never going to be many on!

Join us! Last night we had a game going with 20+ folk and it was great!
    sigpic

Re: Don't DC!

It was indeed great. And I endorse this message from the player base. Be patient, if things aren't happening immediately, poke me(or any other regular player) in TS, hop into the waiting room, stick around.

There's always action to be had.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

+1 (even when Iam from EU :,( I will try to be on friday and saturday night.)

Comment

mhm, so you are suggesting that we stay whole day on TS and check every half hour if more people are on?
        what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

I was pretty clear in my suggestion Koepi, you can interpret it in any fashion you like.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Don't DC!

Well for me it makes sense that if i want to play to stay on ts whenever I'm on my pc so that if something happens I can be there.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kOepi123 View Post
              mhm, so you are suggesting that we stay whole day on TS and check every half hour if more people are on?
              No he is suggesting that we the playerbase put an effort into it to keep our servers active rather than sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone else to do it.

Great suggestion TT :)
              sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
              [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Good point, been guilty of it myself :P
                I do be browsing the web for a while, so keeping TS on in the background does no harm.

Comment

it would be much simpler being connected through a gaming system like steam or xfire. sometimes there is nothing happening for hours and texting people is very unreliable, in TS.
                  being on online on multiple TS is tiring a lot, cause it crashes always with the acre plugin.
                  until this day I dont understand why nobody is using or maintaining it. my previous thread was asked in the direction of tic tac.
                  what's the value of so called "tactics" and "teamwork", when I am better and faster alone?

Comment

Hmm thats a different take on it I suppose. However I must say that I think most people generally have steam running in the background whatever they are doing, even if they don't want to play and I would imagine it would just complicate things from a managerial perspective and also it is my view that using text base clients also makes organizing far more complicated. At the end of the day, if people want to play a game with anyone in the tactical gamer community I would say 9 out 10 times they are going to come on teamspeak anyway, so why not just stick around?

I'm interested, what do you mean by texting is unreliable in teamspeak, can you explain? I do agree with you that Teamspeak is prone to crashing when joining more than one server as this problem frequents me but it usually only happens once and then you can rejoin and it works fine.
                    sigpic

Comment

people dont read the TS chat, not anytime close and not before disconnecting, thats what I experienced too often with many people.
                      you can set your status in steam on "looking for play" to indicate your intentions, aswell as it can happen, that you dont want to play
                      at that moment, when you are on TS.
                      to make this clearer you either set your status to "away" or you join a channel which is referring to anything else than gaming,
                      afk, video room, whatever.
                      crashing of TS does not only happen once, not for me and not for 6 hours a day.

I like the idea to do something about it, because I often DC, but I tried staying online all day for days already
                      and I judged it not being worth the effort.
                      It wouldnt hurt to reactivate those steam and xfire groups and join it anyways, even when it doesnt work
                      as you are afraid of.
                      I never could get any attention to that.

Comment

Think of Teamspeak as a pub Koepi. People hop on to relax and talk to buddies. Play a game, and have a good time. People going AFK is only natural, those sodas are gonna catch up sooner or later. It happens on every program. That's why you message them, poke them, etc, to let them know when they get back. I find it that I don't see messages on Steam or Xfire as often as often as poke on TS when I come back to the computer, either way it's what you choose to communicate with. I say most people here who choose Teamspeak have Steam and Xfire, and I would say use it with some regularity. But if you're having problem with one program don't get salty when others choose it as their go-to.

Comment

I am not angry about it, but why turning the basketball place into a pub? :P
                          those who see it as a pub, dont disconnect, those who see it mainly as a basketball field,
                          go home or to other fields.
                          its just, if we already have a pub to go to, why turning something else into that.
                          honestly its not really a big matter to me, dont see a good solution to anyone anyways now
                          and I hope I dont make you think that I am salty. its just a pity.

Comment

We all have opinions Koepi.

My opinion is that if I'm around on TS, anyone is welcome to Poke me, and if I'm not too busy, I'll happily come join the action. If someone then logs on and sees us there, then maybe they'll join and so on and so forth. If nothing is happening at that point in time, we have several channels that they are welcome to park themselves in for a while and see what develops.

This is a thread that has a positive message to it and I fully support that effort.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm just patiently waiting...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed