Arma 3 FPS Rates Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 3 FPS Rates Question

Is anyone seeing terrible FPS Rates at night?

Off hand I would expect them to be better. Yesterday I was getting 30-40 at the Airbase during the day, and later that day 60-75 at the airbase with lots of fog on, but then I joined a wasteland server set to night and I was getting 11-12 FPS, and I am not sure why. All three runs were on the same hardware with the same software settings.

Re: Arma 3 FPS Rates Question

Frame rate is also depended on server performance and server settings, basically if the server is slow your fps is lower. If the server is setting are set to load on the clients more your fps is lower. Best way to find out if your system is lagging or the server is looking at your hardware utilization what is the load on your cpu and gpu while playing.
    TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by woesterudolf View Post
      Frame rate is also depended on server performance and server settings, basically if the server is slow your fps is lower. If the server is setting are set to load on the clients more your fps is lower. Best way to find out if your system is lagging or the server is looking at your hardware utilization what is the load on your cpu and gpu while playing.
      Good advice, but remember that ARMA is not capable of 100% cpu utilization across all cores of processors so know what to expect in AMRA for peak utilization (ie. for me it's ~40% -50% utilization cumulative across all cores). I always evaluate my performance in single player or local running of a multiplayer mission where server load is not a factor. If I get low FPS unexpectedly in a multiplayer situation - I usually just chalk it up to server load.

Comment

I just turn everything off or to lowest settings, with the exception of Shadows.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
          I just turn everything off or to lowest settings, with the exception of Shadows.
          I've tried that and it makes little to no difference.

Biggest FPS impacting settings are Object View Distance, SSAO, Object Detail, Terrain Detail, Shadow Detail( either off or Ultra, none of the settings make much of a difference it's mostly whether you have them enabled or not.)

With that said, in multiplayer it's a crapshoot as to what's affecting FPS. Sometimes it's AI load and the server performance dropping, Sometimes it's an overabundance of scripts or a badly optimized mission, I've heard people say there's issue's with addons and the game constantly searching for missing addon content because another client has an addon you don't. I have yet to join a server where I get more than 20 fps. Since I've yet to see a server hosting a completely empty mission, I can't make a completely accurate comparison of fps, However I've experienced a 20-30 fps drop in similar scenario's simply between multiplayer and single player.

Comment

When we were playing Sunday I was getting a pretty constant 40 to 50 fps with the lowest at 30, view distance 2000, everything on high except pip (normal). I haven't run into the frames problems others are experiencing and I don't have a high end rig. Maybe the server was just running good that day.

Comment

FPS is going to depend on mission. Missions are made by amateur scripters or editors. Sometimes people get too ambitious and add too many AIs for show. Also different servers have different performance. Same missions on different servers will result in different performance.

Now, TG server missions are tested beforehand and designed for small number of people.... There are no constant joins and disconnects, unlike public servers running custom scripted large scale missions. I experience terrible FPS on public servers. Even domination on some clan server degrades very fast. On TG server my FPS is much much better.

Comment

Note that turning down your graphic settings is taking load from your gpu and adds load to your cpu it's about finding the sweet spot for your pc.
                TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X