This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma III will not Release with single player campaign

Read the BIS interview here at PC Gamer;http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/06/ar...ma-3-campaign/

Re: Arma III will not Release with single player campaign

It seems to me a logical step for the release of the engine. The also said that they will be releasing it as an addon.

Comment

it says Single player campaign episodes are gonna be released for free but with delay... I like this, we get to play the full one sooner. Love it love it.

Comment

I like the fact the reason for the staggered release is to concentrate on optimizing the engine for final release. We'll still get the campaign but one piece at a time. I think it's good for the community and great PR for BIS. Quite the opposite approach a megalith like EA would employ.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

The one word to remember here is the downloads will be.........FREE! Also unlike EA.

Comment

TBH, I never played the campaign on either ArmA I or II. So personally I appreciate them getting the multiplayer out first because that is what i want anyway..
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I am with you on that but it is one thing that brings new people into the game and how it is judged by many.

Comment

The only one in the franchise I ever played the single player campaign on was the original Operation Flashpoint.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  The only one in the franchise I ever played the single player campaign on was the original Operation Flashpoint.
                  It rocked. I lost days in that..........

Comment

But, honestly, we will admit that this is not our originally planned release strategy. It is one borne from the problems the project faced over the past years, the insightful experiences of releasing public Alpha and Beta versions, and wanting to deliver a quality campaign
                    Let me attempt to translate, ahem:

We're behind schedule, it was ready for Alpha and it wasn't ready for Beta and now that our buggy poorly written software is being exposed before people are shelling out their hard earned dollars for it we're afraid it will affect sales.

Comment

I don't read it that way and you are entitled to your opinion. I fully support BIS and Arma with all it's quirks, Arma has not disappointed me and has given me many many hours of entertainment, much more than the money I spent. Try to get EA to give the support to a game that BIS has given to Arma for over 10 years. I must therefore reject your version of BIS interview remarks. Totally a fanboi.

Comment

your still getting 12 singleplayer showcase missions, 3 faction showcases, 9 multiplayer scenarios, a set of 10 firing drill challenges, over 20 vehicles, more than 40 weapons, 5 factions, the powerful scenario editor and modding support. Maybe doing this they can fix some thing that have been broke since arma I agree with dslyecxi from shacktac, its about time that they scrap the interaction menu it buggy and crap
                        Last edited by joman; 08-06-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                          I don't read it that way and you are entitled to your opinion. I fully support BIS and Arma with all it's quirks, Arma has not disappointed me and has given me many many hours of entertainment, much more than the money I spent. Try to get EA to give the support to a game that BIS has given to Arma for over 10 years. I must therefore reject your version of BIS interview remarks. Totally a fanboi.
                          I read it the same way as him for the most part. I was a fanboy of BIS products up until ArmA 2. I excused the problems when they happened in arma, I was disgruntled but excused the problems in ArmA 2 for the most part. Now comes ArmA 3 and we are excusing the problems again, many of them the same problems from past games. The issue's seem to get worse and worse with each iteration and the problems get bigger and bigger. They state their goals are to have ArmA 3 in a better shape than ArmA 2 was, yet it's actually in much worse shape both content wise as well as functionality wise than previous titles. Going by Pettka's post about confirmed list of content for launch, it looks like A LOT has been cut out, not just the campaign, and I honestly wonder what shape the game will be in come launch.

My biggest fear is that A3 is the last ArmA so it's basically a rush to shove it out the door, get the cash and then drop it in favor of DayZ. It might not be a question of say what any individual developer wants, but rather a question of what the head honcho wants and where he wants to take the company. It seems that Maruk is much more interested in DayZ than he is in ArmA anymore.

Also reviewers are going to have a field day with this, "Hey look, a game like Battlefield with crap single player content that also has a very buggy and limited multiplayer implementation because the engine dies simulating over 5 AI or 5 players in any one server at any given time. We hope you enjoy Wasteland trololol...". Also on the subject of performance issue's related to the AI, I honestly think that the campaign has been cut because the engine just can't handle the AI simulation of a properly sized campaign. I don't foresee great reviews for ArmA 3, even worse than ArmA 2 more than likely.

*edit* also, there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy. It just means you are partial to a companies products because of X reason like Quality or Content. Being a blind fanboy however just means that you are partial to their products irregardless of X reason like quality or content.

Comment

I've played ARMA since ARMA I. Wish I had been aboard for OFP but...By a long shot ARMA 3, in my modest opinion is far more optimized than any of the previous iterations. It's only my opinion...I get that and we are all entitled to our own.
                            I've played many many hours in the Alpha and Beta for ARMA 3 and my experience with this iteration is miles and miles ahead of my experiences with both ARMA I and ARMA II.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

My answer to this is, don't like it then don't buy it. I dislike BF3 , DayZ and COD so I don't own them and won't have them even if they were free(I know DayZ is free). I remember games that were really bad and had almost stick people and an amber screen with a bouncing cubes. If people think they can make a better game, go and do and quit whining and don't give BIS your money. Simple as that, spend your time and money elsewhere on things you enjoy. I used to play army in the woods with friends and we could never get anyone to play like we wanted. Funny, later in life during Naval exercises or boat runs on the Mekong river, rarely did things go as we wanted or expected. We expect so much from a video game, actually more than real life can do, no mistakes, perfection... For $40 to $60.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X