X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 12th release date for Arma 3,

That's right next month we get the big map

Re: September 12th release date for Arma 3,

Not bumping my own thread but what the hell is the difference between single player and single player showcases. Because the release comes with showcases which are single player.

Comment

Thanks for the post about the Sept 12 release. I just saw that this morning as well. The admin team is working together to plan for the big release and will update the community in short order.

About SP. BIS announced the single player campaign will be released in three stages over the upcoming months after release. However there will be episodic single player missions unrelated to the campaign that will be included in the initial release. These missions are created to highlight small unit infantry action, combined arms, SCUBA action and other elements.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I just thought it was funny, to me the showcases were the single player.You just don't get a cut scene. On another note maybe I can get my Track Ir to setup better. Seem like Arma 3 doesn't like it. I have to center it a lot

Comment

Originally posted by joman View Post
          I just thought it was funny, to me the showcases were the single player.You just don't get a cut scene. On another note maybe I can get my Track Ir to setup better. Seem like Arma 3 doesn't like it. I have to center it a lot
          This has largely to do with your unconscious movements or background lighting if you sort out any other sources you might see a reduction in the need to center or your track ir is not far enough or high enough from the track clip or pro clip.

Comment

Good news indeed. Haters will be in a frenzy but I will soldier happily on as it develops over time, through BIS , community mods and mission makers.

Comment

It's funny though, if you go to the back of the forums here, you can see people complaining and arguing over the ArmA2 release... and look how far that's come. I mean, at one point, apparently, people couldn't walk over fences, and now we take that for granted. Just think where A3 will be in a year. I'm totally going to try and get into the mission making scene with A3. I already have a massive multi-part campaign idea in my head... this is going to be awesome! (now if only AI weren't still crack-shots. :D)

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
              "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

whats funny is no one ever remembers the missions that came with the game it is the mission made by our own people that stick in our heads. Yep im throwing out the Gauntlet to out talented mission makers your on the clock it your time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                  About SP. BIS announced the single player campaign will be released in three stages over the upcoming months after release.
                  They've also announced that only one (Russian) Flyable jet will be in the game at launch. No word on if there are more coming or what. I'm looking for the refund button as we speak.

Comment

I don't think that is going to happen, refund I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by ASharpe View Post
                      They've also announced that only one (Russian) Flyable jet will be in the game at launch. No word on if there are more coming or what. I'm looking for the refund button as we speak.
                      And if there is only one jet in the game "Bugger all its not a flight sim and you play plenty of those so get you fix there and get the "Combined Arms" in Arma 3 :row__642:

Code:
                      M2A1 Slammer tank
                      T-100 Varsuk tank
                      AMV-7 Marshal wheeled APC
                      BTR-K Kamysh tracked IFV
                      AFV-4 Gorgon wheeled APC
                      IFV-6a Cheetah tracked IFV AA
                      IFV-6c Panther tracked IFV
                      M4 Scorcher self-propelled artillery
                      M5 Sandstorm MLRS
                      2S9 Sochor self-propelled artillery
                      MSE-3 Marid wheeled APC
                      ZSU-39 Tigris tracked IFV AA
                      CRV-6e Bobcat tracked engineering vehicle
                      A 143 Buzzard jet fighter
                      CH-49 Mohawk transport helicopter
                      Mi-48 Kajman multipurpose helicopter
                      PO-30 Orca multipurpose helicopter
                      AH-9 Pawnee small attack helicopter
                      AH-99 Blackfoot attack helicopter
                      MH-9 Hummingbird recon/transport helicopter
                      UH-80 Ghost Hawk transport helicopter
                      AR-2 Skylark & Tayran AR-2 quadrotor UAV variants
                      MQ4A Greyhawk & K-40 Ababil-3 attack/recon UAV variants
                      Stomper & Saif attack/recon UGV variants
                      SDV variants
                      Speedboat variants
                      Assault boat variants
                      Ifrit MRAP variants
                      Zamak truck variants
                      Quadbike variants
                      Hunter MRAP variants
                      Strider MRAP variants
                      HEMTT truck variants
                      Offroad variants
                      Truck variants
                      SUV
                      Hatchback
                      Ship and boat variants

Comment

Originally posted by OPS View Post
                        And if there is only one jet in the game "Bugger all its not a flight sim and you play plenty of those so get you fix there and get the "Combined Arms" in Arma 3
                        This is a somewhat ironic statement, given that it won't really be combined arms without a NATO Aircraft...but Combined Arms, and indeed the aircraft in particular is what attracted me to the game. In my particular case, I bought the ARMA series because I enjoy co-operative game play. I do NOT enjoy First Person Shooters, I am a simulator guy, and the reason I play ARMA is so I can cruise around at 3000 feet and drop bombs when my buddy on the ground lases up a target. For me, the cancellation of the Jet at Retail Release - and no word on when, or even if it's coming down the pipeline - is a total deal breaker. Maybe YOU are a happy with just an FPS, but that is not why I got into the ARMA franchise.

Comment

This is a somewhat ironic statement, given that it won't really be combined arms without a NATO Aircraft...but Combined Arms, and indeed the aircraft in particular is what attracted me to the game. In my particular case, I bought the ARMA series because I enjoy co-operative game play. I do NOT enjoy First Person Shooters, I am a simulator guy, and the reason I play ARMA is so I can cruise around at 3000 feet and drop bombs when my buddy on the ground lases up a target. For me, the cancellation of the Jet at Retail Release - and no word on when, or even if it's coming down the pipeline - is a total deal breaker. Maybe YOU are a happy with just an FPS, but that is not why I got into the ARMA franchise.

You know what then don't play I have no need to try and convince you as I was wanting to there is more to the game when there isn't and, a personal attack was not what I had in mind if you took it as such then I apologize and I think in the future a slightly more diplomatic approach would be considerate not only on my half but yours as well.

Comment

I didn't buy Arma 3 because I was looking for a flight sim :)
                            More jets will be added in due time, just look at how ArmA 2 developed over time.
                            sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                            [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

Originally posted by ghadlan View Post
                              I didn't buy Arma 3 because I was looking for a flight sim :)
                              More jets will be added in due time, just look at how ArmA 2 developed over time.
                              Maybe you can learn to land in A3 ghadlan ;) xxxxxx <3
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X