Final beta release for A3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final beta release for A3

According to this post here, the last Beta patch was the one from the 15th. And in eager anticipation of release, I'm going to highlight my favorite things about this update (complete changelog):
    • Enabled publication to and download from Steam Workshop of singleplayer and multiplayer scenarios
      I've been digging around the workshop for a bit, and there's quite a few good maps out there.
    • Improved transitions in pistol tactical movement. It's faster than reloading... now if only I could do it while moving.
    • AI drive better
    • AI soldiers have been trained to better distinguish enemy unit types and target the highest threat
    • Sound suppressors are now more effective on greater range (shot is not possible to hear beyond 200 meters
    • Knees of pilots look better... (Until I start shooting arrows at them! mua ha ha!)... moving on then.
    • Hiding in the grass now affects AI better
    • AI ballistic calculation improved for unguided rockets
    • Decreased AI hearing ability to pinpoint enemy unit position
    • Worked on AI recoil control, dependent on skill
    • Hearing (AI): speed makes a bigger difference
    • Fix: Rendering of weapons in the first frame after map is closed
    • several sound tweaks

I like how they can have 1.1GBs of changes and not add content. simply fixes and tweaks. It's going to be awesome!

P.S. Altis will be on the dev branch somewhere around the 26th. And UAV's are in the dev branch now! WOOT. I'll have to do some switching back and forth it seems.
    Last edited by Wicks; 08-30-2013, 01:09 PM.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Re: Fianal beta release for A3

On a somewhat related note, for those interested in a preview the DEV branch will be releasing Altis on Monday. Just to clarify, I am NOT suggesting TG should change a server or anything like that, just informing those who may want to check it out in SP or on their own (I know I will be!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by CanaDave View Post
      On a somewhat related note, for those interested in a preview the DEV branch will be releasing Altis on Monday. Just to clarify, I am NOT suggesting TG should change a server or anything like that, just informing those who may want to check it out in SP or on their own (I know I will be!!!)
      I'll definitely be there too. I'm installing the dev version right now. Gotta get me some UAV's! I'll probably roll back sometime this week to play with everyone here. But It's back to Dev on Monday. :D

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I have to give them credit on the UAV/UGV's, they are very easy to make use of and have a much better implementation. There are some bugs though and some implementations that could use some work, like how the AI pilots engage targets. They try to make really short swooping attacks and ignore the altitude you assign them, so for instance they will drop from 1,600 meters down to 200 meters to make an attack.

Comment

doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

So I have to ask, is Arma3 releasing with a the full spread of the maps? will we be able to utilize them all from the get go? And . . .if so . . . . I wanna learn how to make missions.

MadSoloSniper

Comment

It only comes with Altis and Stratis.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

I and a few others downloaded the latest Dev build with the Island Altis and I must say it is completely and over abundantly impressive both the size and beauty of it.

Comment

And battlefield maps are 1.4km2. :)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7114621AApEZZj

And lets say 10km2 for modded massive maps :)

Only 20x smaller than BISs map

I did a quick port of a mission called warfare and played it tonight, on a server that would host it.
                  The scope and scale of Altis is immense.
                  Well done BIS.
                  Last edited by BL1P; 08-26-2013, 08:58 PM.
                  The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Nice find Cougar. I had a look at Altis this morning and only had about 15 mins to explore it....just amazing!
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer
                    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                    189th Infantry Brigade Member
                    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

It's on the Dev build now?!! Excite.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

Today’s Sitrep is an important read if you are running, or intending to run, the Dev version. Specifically read the part about your video settings and other hardware issues. And expect daily updates with another large one coming perhaps on the 4th of Sept. And consider switching back to the stable build after Sept 12th; especially if you’re going to be on TG’s server. http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00023

Comment

ZAP . . . sorry I had to laugh at your "Icon Dude" . . . if he weren't running such hot loads he wouldn't have the extract problem he's having . . . have him back off on the powder during reloads a bit and that should solve it . . . . LOL

Awesome profile picture.

Mad Solo Sniper

Comment

Double post . . . .

I'd love to "drop into" Altis and wander around with you guys. just some recon / explore work if anyone is up for it. No idea how to make that all happen but would love to tag along (drive) if you guys are up for some island recon work.

Let me know . . . :-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X