Should I buy ArmA 2 or ArmA 3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy ArmA 2 or ArmA 3?

I have been interested in playing ArmA for a long time now, and think I may be taking the plunge soon. But I wasn't sure if I should buy ArmA 2 or ArmA 3 at this point in time. Since I would be playing mostly with you characters, I was wondering which version was played more, missions created for, etc.; currently and in the future? After reading and poking around a bit my feeling is I should maybe buy ArmA 3 before release date (a few more days to go) so I get it at a bit of a discount also (too bad I missed out on the Alpha, I would have definitely bought at that time had I known, oh well).

Also, ArmA 2 to me seems like a lot of crap to get set up with all the mods and stuff. So I was thinking maybe just get ArmA 3 and I can just start playing with less hassle. I figured maybe the price of ArmA 2 may even go down in the future once ArmA 3 is out, I figured I could always buy it later and get that all set up for the Bravo server at some point down the road if I wanted to.

But you guys know a lot more about ArmA than I do, so what say you?
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Should I buy ArmA 2 or ArmA 3?

Save your money with ArmA II and go straight to 3. ArmA 3 is also much improved and is a generation ahead, but to be fair is is also more expensive. With that I am pretty sure in about a week there will be a mass migration across the ArmA community with its release to ArmA III.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I have packed Arma 2 away with Arma: Cold War Assault, never to be seen again and never looked back. Go time for ArmaIII !!

Comment

Arma 3 all the way!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Pretty much as stated. A3 is new and improved, and got some cool toys. The mass of us will be moving over. I would get it and download it before everyone else starts tying up the Steam Servers. Lol.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

There will be a good following of A2 players for a while. But if you only get one, Get A3.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
            "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Thanks guys for all the responses. Yeah I was sort of leaning towards A3 anyway, but this solidifies it. The only thing I really didn't like was that it's only available through Steam. I have managed thus far to keep my machine free of the mark of the beast, but apparently there is no way around it if I want to play A3. :/ Oh well...
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X