The unofficial ArmA 3 Wishlist:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unofficial ArmA 3 Wishlist:

The official forums over at BI have a nice little "community wishlist" for A3, and I thought to myself: "Self, I wonder what TG people want to see in future updates to ArmA 3." So here it is: the unofficial place to talk about what we'd like to see in the near future. Now granted, this game isn't even out yet, but many of us are already playing the Dev branch, and unless BI's been hiding super big secrets, what we see now, is what we're going to get at release. So anyway I'd like to see what features you all want to see in the future. Please keep it specific to the game itself and don't tangent about mods usage.

P.S. here's a blast from the past for some of you I found: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ggestions.html

I'll go first (I stole some from the BI thread too):
    • Weapon resting: I just realized this afternoon that bi-pods are not an attachment, and although they show up some MG's they're pretty much just aesthetic and don't do much. I would like to see this and a bi-pod attachment option.
    • Walkable vehicle interiors: I'm not sure the engine could handle this, but jumping out of the back of a giant airplane (that's actually flying) would be awesome. or wandering around the back of a semi-truck command center... etc. etc.
    • There should be a customization option for tac-vests to add body armor (for an additional weight). it could even be a simple checkmark option (like in BF2142).
    • individually detonated explosives. It's the future war, maybe a device (that goes in the GPS slot) that can open an interface, to detonate in groups or individual, and has a GPS map of all placed/known explosives). Also the Claymore has a lack of tripwire. :(
    • stepping through windows: it seems like this might be script-able, but it'd be nice to have more than 1-2 entry points into a building.
    • Backblast and tail-rotors kill things... no really, they should. also standing behind jets engines should have consequences
    • Overhaul the medic system. Seriously? a magic beeping box in your rucksack? also, there's currently only 2 wounded states. the "I-can-keep-fighting" state, and the "I'm-completely-dead-and-there's-nothing-you-can-do" state. I would love to see some sort of wounding system, with maybe a medical evac to a field hospital to revive people... or something.
    • Back to the bi-pod thing, I'd like to see an "under-barrel" attachment option for applicable weapons. So get rid of the "GL" variants and just add the launchers as attachments.
    • Longer vehicle burn time
    • sustainable horns (and maybe sirens because I like sirens ;) ).
    • Shooting out of vehicles (like on the Blackfoot, or an ghost-hawk when the doors are open. (that's why that open/close door option should be there right?). or on certain boats.
    • controllable searchlight on choppers from co-pilot (or whoever doesn't have pilot control at that moment) seat.

Content ideas:
    • 2035 era AC-130 (with gunship variant)
    • mission editor place-able ships (like a aircraft carrier, or a submarine you could walk around in.
    • Bicycles (I miss me some A2 "stealth-cycles")
    • stationary Searchlights
    • jetskis
    • flashbangs
    • more indoor "clutter". the inside of all the buildings look abandoned.

Anyway, this is just a list of what I'd like to see in future updates. But even if it doesn't happen I'd like you all to know: This isn't ranting about what the game is missing (because it's already pretty awesome) but this is just "filler" to make it completely awesome with a cherry on top.

How about you guys? what things do you think could be added to "ultimify" the game?

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Re: The unofficial ArmA 3 Wishlist:

How about sitting in a chair. I know this would be ultra low priority but imagine you encounter actual radio operators not just enemy units with their rifle in hand when you sneak in.

Or more importantly more channels for coms. A two layer command channel at least. That would be a game changer.
    Last edited by Unkl; 09-11-2013, 08:09 AM. Reason: missing word
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Well I don't pilot, am mostly a grunt that can only fire one weapon at a time and rarely see the enemy, all I ask for is a rifle with a good scope and an enemy a little less adept than I. Good missions with good leaders and TG players is really all I really need to have a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
        Or more importantly more channels for coms. A two layer command channel at least. That would be a game changer.
        We can create new channels, as default there are 5 channels. We are able to utilize up to ten.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/radioChannelCreate
        http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/radioChannelAdd

The radio channel add command also enables us to add certian units to the command channel when we want to for example all the pilots or fire team leaders.
        TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by woesterudolf View Post
          We can create new channels, as default there are 5 channels. We are able to utilize up to ten.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/radioChannelCreate
          http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/radioChannelAdd

The radio channel add command also enables us to add certian units to the command channel when we want to for example all the pilots or fire team leaders.
          OMG. I'm a little bit too excited about this.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Some very cool ones are there Shoomfie. I hope they can add revive module with all kinds of different configurable parameters much like their respawn module.

Comment

I am kind of digging the extra channels!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Most of those requierements are core part of ACE. and its atleast gonna take 6 to 8 months for thr beta to see the light, other ones can be implemented by scripting, and some others by simple modelling and some cfg scripting, the problem is that modding tools have not yet been released yet

Comment

I created a quick example of the extra radio channels here.

No respawn, No jip

Comment

edited already posted :)

but this not http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21584

As we are close to finished product here are some things I would of liked to have seen none addon wise :-

64bit exe
                    A filter to filter out server difficulty settings ( example 3rd on Show\Hide the servers ).
                    Specific mission names filter (Not the same as mission type)
                    To do THIS with an ingame script and not an addon.
                    The ability to set gamma\brightness settings server side same as terrain.
                    The ability to toggle on\off the squad members icons ingame, via a button press or an opacity timer on them when they are used\unused (Fnc keys) .
                    Back blast damage, Overpresure from nades and vehicles.
                    Disposable Weapon System.
                    Flashbangs and Tear/ Nerve Gas.
                    Grenade Throw Modes - roll, Toss (my fav), drop, Kick, DROPKICK, pick up and re-throw, pull pin and cook 1-2-3-4-too late.
                    Weapons on Back.
                    Sights Adjustment on guns with a visible sight adjustment model.
                    Player Suppression effects and or visible AI Suppression.
                    Weapon Jamming, Weapon durability, Weapon damage system if hit.
                    Weapon Resting on any object if realistic.
                    Working Weapon Bipods... I mean come on the model even has a bipod on it WTF BIS.
                    Wind Effect on Vehicles, Weapon Balistics and My hair.
                    Full Wounding System or at least some sort of basic first aid system that goes beyond...3-2-1-TA DAR your healed with my magic 1 item do it all medkit.
                    Realistic terrain affects for radios or at least something better than the omnipresent radio system ingame atm.
                    Multiple radio models - backpack, vehicle based etcetc.
                    Dead player and respawn handling for both radio and direct chat.
                    None map click artillery.
                    A none obtrusive squad member recognition system. (ala STHUD with an opacity timer tied into the compass key).
                    The ability to change the Alpha 1-1 lobby group definitions in the editor or via scripting. ( The number one first time mission maker question still not fixed Grrr.)
                    The ability to mass select and alter params on editor objects (drag select 100 units and make them all playable with one clik .... Grrr at this one too)

Ahhhhh too many things I want where is santa when ya need him !!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by BL1P; 09-11-2013, 02:42 AM.
                    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Hmmm no point in using it when you are gonna use it as an mod, there are better alternatives out there.

Comment

Hmmm no point in using it when you are gonna use it as an mod, there are better alternatives out there.
                        Its a script :)
                        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
                          OMG. I'm a little bit too excited about this.
                          Seconded.

But all great points! I especially agree with the Bipods.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BL1P View Post
                            Its a script :)
                            You are rigth downloaded it. I don't know why all the instructions how to install it as an mod is included in the description.

Comment

I created a quick example of the extra radio channels here.

No respawn, No jip
                              You know, I was thinking. We disable some of the big channels Side, Command, Global (logged in and voted admins still have access to global), and create an object at base which has action menus like the following:

Subscribe to Long Range 1
                              Subscribe to Long Range 2
                              Subscribe to Long Range 3
                              Subscribe to Long Range 4
                              Subscribe to Long Range 5

Before going out, anybody who wants to listen in can subscribe to one of the channels. JTACs and Attack choppers can subscrive to one channel etc.
                              BL1P, good find. that one can be explored as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X