ArmA III Server Issue Reporting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA III Server Issue Reporting

In an effort to consolidate any problems related to the technical aspects of ArmA III here at TG, we need feedback. The final version may have bugs and we need to address them as soon as they are identified.

With that, we are specifically looking for issues that players identify and record. If we can get the community to capture the issues, we can take a hard look to see if we can prevent any such occurrence in the future. This will include everything from server crashes, lag, high pings, broken missions, faulty scripts and so on.

We will compare it to the server logs to see if it is client or server side and try to alleviate the issue. If it is an error related to the mission, we will contact the mission developer and work with them to fix. If you have a screen shot, that will also help everyone out.

Here is a simple template for reporting:
    • Date/Time: When (use GMT)
    • Level: Server, client, internet, mission (if known)
    • Specific: Broken mission, crash, performance, etc.
    • Server activity: How many people were playing when the issue happened?
    • Mission: What was the mission at the time of the issue?
    • Error Message: Did you receive any message when the error occurred?
    • First time error: Has this happened before for you?
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: ArmA III Server Issue Reporting

Graphics issue with Full Release

Date/Time: When (use GMT) - 0400 09/13/13
    Level: Server, client, internet, mission - Server I think, poor graphics card probably
    Specific: Broken mission, crash, performance, etc - Slow frame rate and random polygons rendering in the distance (huge issue through the CheTac 408 NightFinder scope - messed with my visual range and that didn't help.
    Server activity: How many people were playing when the issue happened? - 8 in a mission with B and others
    Mission: What was the mission at the time of the issue? - Ugh, Like I remember that kind of stuff - I'm the grunt . . . lol
    Error Message: Did you receive any message when the error occurred? - No
    First time error: Has this happened before for you? - Yes, first time

I get random white and gray polygons (big huge upside down ice cream cones) on the map (most maps and missions) on the new Vanilla Server. I didn't have any issue with this on the Beta or the Beta-Dev servers.

Also, my frame rate has truly dropped with the full release - getting on average 20ish (down to 10 sometimes) but not the 30+ I was getting in the Beta AND the Beta-dev

I'm willing to blame my graphics card (or lack thereof) but given that it didn't happen before I thought it was worth mentioning.

Awesome stuff and I'm having a blast, thanks TG and all the team members in the community,

Solo
    Last edited by MadSoloSniper; 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM. Reason: Forgot the paramaters for submisison bullets

Comment

BIS is really good about releasing patches that improve optimization of the game. I would expect to see a patch within a few weeks that will likely improve things. It took 3 or 4 patches before ARMA II was improved greatly.

But a new vid card may help too and upgrading is always fun. If you can OC your chip a little that may help as well. Lower your view distance and your in game graphic settings to see if this helps as well.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Date/Time: 15 sept 1400h EAST
        Level: TG SERVER, EVENT "The Greeks".
        Specific: INSANE RUBBER BENDING, almost unplayable
        Server activity: 20-25 ?
        Mission: "The Greeks". fist mission
        Error Message: nope, just lag and rubber bending
        First time error: never happened to me before, seems to be an issue for all players.
        sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Not so much a server issue as a general query re server settings.

Two days ago I logged on the TG ArmaIII server, was on the Stratis map (I think) at the main airport. Practised flying helo, met some TGers, had fun.

Yesterday and today the main airport map is replaced with a series of menu choices to various coop missions.

Will be have the "normal" map available that just lands us at the main airport anymore?

Sorry for the lack of terminological precision here. Newbie I be.
          sigpic

Comment

E

You may have been on the Altis map last time (Armory - mission) where you were practicing. I'm not sure Stratis has one of those. make sure to select the "Altis" map at the beginning and you should see the Armory mission where all the toys to practice are.

MSS

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X