No announcement yet.

Situational Awareness fix - Player group names script now in TG Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Situational Awareness fix - Player group names script now in TG Template

As per THIS POST:

We now have a players names script that will allow you to press your "Teamswitch" button and all players in your group will display their player name over their head for 45 seconds. Group members are in green and your leader is in orange. The names disappear after that and at 48 seconds you can press the key again to display names as needed. The names will only show if your group members are 20m or closer to you. This simulates being able to recognize people when not too far away.

The purpose of this addition to our mission templates is to improve team recognition and make getting organized a little more natural. To this end, this player name script will be added to our existing missions so that it will be available across the board to all players and does not require any additional content or mods. Everyone who joins our server will have this tool immediately. Injecting existing missions will take a couple of days to do.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out & how we might improve it and these templates for our purposes as time moves on.

Big thanks to B and Yink for helping get this working. Another helpful product of the Arma Projects Team.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Situational Awareness fix - Player group names script now in TG Template

Sounds cool, been looking forward to it since someone mentioned it, pretty much the only aspect of ARMA3 i didn't really like, although the immersion factor of it was quite nice, I'd rather have the cohesion with being able to see the names. It did however force me to get quite familiar with the voices of my SL's though, so that was cool =D
    sigpic
    My terrible youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/flamewareyer

Comment

Think of this is a simple "aid" for the players learning or needing help with ArmA. No one is forced to utilize it even if it is available. Hopefully people will not need this in the future, but those that do the option will be available.

Most importantly, it is a TG native thing that no one will have to use MODs or anything on...
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Awesome! Great work guys!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, this will be very helpful! Awesome that it's non-intrusive as well - if you don't want it, don't use it.

Comment

After trying it I’m satisfied that it adequately simulates normal physical recognition you would experience being in a group which is totally lacking in Arma without using STHUD. Excellent work Unk, B and Yink!

Comment

This old man is very appreciative of your efforts, thanks.

Comment

Awesomeness . . . .. now . . . which key is the default "teamswitch" button???? . . . . . thanks guys awesome idea and execution.

Comment

Sniper: we picked the teamswitch key because its unused in multiplayer, and you can set it to any key you want. default in arma 3 is "U" though.
                  Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Thanks Yink, I like to start with Default, I know I can always change them but I try to avoid "cross key conflict" at least until I get a little better at the whole thing.

See you in game,

Solo

Comment

Thanks to everybody who worked on that project. Cant way to try it out.
                      sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X