TvT possibilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT possibilities

I've mentioned this before on TS, but I really miss the good ol' days of PR:ARMA2 on the TG server. And that's mostly because of the TvT aspect, especially in the organized events with 50+ people.

Lately the organized events seem to barely fill up (averaging 20-25 man games) so it makes sense we don't really have the numbers for good TvT unless it was an appropriately sized mission, but I'm hoping TvT isn't something that is off the table in the future for some reason.

It may be a sore subject in the Arma community, but I do enjoy playing some Wasteland every now and again (sa matra is my flavor of choice). Right now it helps me get my TvT fix, and if I find a good group of folks it can be really fun although it's hit or miss on the quality of players. So, with that in mind, I guess what I'm getting at is that I wanted to see if any TG folks would be willing to give a Wasteland pub-raid of sorts a go and see if it produces some fun times.

Re: TvT possibilities

Im always up for something like this. Sometimes I like to visit some of the Capture the Flag servers to hone my skills (dying) and shooting.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I enjoy TVT too much. There just isn't anything like playing real human players, who react to contact appropriately. You actually have to out smart them as a commander.

I have a 20 man TVT mission built, and I hope to run it as a small event tomorrow night. Spread the word!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Awesome news Butler, someone should make a Steam group event to remind folks. I'd love to try out your mission.

I tried to get some TvT going last night.. I started some Wasteland with a friend but had to leave unexpectedly and wasn't able to play again.. sorry Dimitrius and Jack.

Comment

Awesome news Butler, someone should make a Steam group event to remind folks. I'd love to try out your mission.

I tried to get some TvT going last night.. I started some Wasteland with a friend but had to leave unexpectedly and wasn't able to play again.. sorry Dimitrius and Jack.

Comment

LowSpeed loves TvTs.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I would also like to see some TvT on TG. I saw some interesting possibilities with the MCC console. Would also like to see a Wasteland event on TG with teams already assigned like for are weekly operations.

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

I've got a couple nice re-playable TvT's coming right up! I'll set up an event for them soon!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

PM or e-mail me when this happens again. Love TvT as do some others I know here.
                  sigpic

Comment

If you would like, join the steam group. We will be sharing mini-events and so on through there for everyone to see.

Steam Group

Comment

Wow, I wasn't expecting it to take off like this. I was a bit hesitant in posting due to the lackluster response I got when I mentioned it on TS once.

Comment

We may have a TvT mission ready for a Saturday event this weekend. As Butler mentioned we will try and keep the Steam Group updated as well as post in the forum.

Based on interest, we can run TvT as various organized times during the week...
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

If its on Europe friendly time, count me in
                          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the unbalanced TvT events TG held a while back - you would have a team consist of a larger but less well-armed forces against a couple people with the best equipment there is.

|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Comment

Originally posted by louis0415 View Post
                              I really enjoyed the unbalanced TvT events TG held a while back - you would have a team consist of a larger but less well-armed forces against a couple people with the best equipment there is.
                              Remember that one TvT in A2 where a team of operators (like five?) took out various objectives on an island that was defended by OPFOR? I still have footage of someone taking out the Helo in the first few minutes with a stray RPG. Priceless.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X