Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make ArmA Not War (€500k in prizes)

Just came across this - http://makearmanotwar.com/

Welcome to Bohemia Interactive’s €500,000 Arma 3 content creation contest. Building upon the Arma series’ strong heritage in modding, we’re challenging people to deliver their best work yet. With cash prizes ranging from €20,000 to €200,000, spread across four different categories, this is your opportunity to move onto the radar of hundreds of thousands of Arma 3 players.
    Opens for entries in 2014 - I'm really excited to see what comes from it.
    sigpic

Re: Make ArmA Not War (€500k in prizes)

wow. Some awesome motivation for the talented bunch out there. Probably gonna bring out some insane contents.

Comment

Yeah, should be exciting. Its quite a good idea really - cheaper than hiring programmers and artists and gets the community involved...
      sigpic

Comment

^^ signing away your addon rights and allowing BIS full control to say ACE or FDF... Great competition but there is a prize.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't check out the IP terms and don't even know if they are up yet. On the other hand if you think of it as a pure business transaction (and you are lucky enough to win) 200k from selling the rights to something with an earning potential of virtually zero is a pretty good exchange.
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if it is a result of the DayZ mod going on its own trying to monetize. Either way, I think the situation is win for us. We get the best of the best out there to be part of the official release eventually.

Comment

I’m not so sure this is a win for us users B. The big boys in the mod world such as Xeno and Vilas do not want their material to be used. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...hread/page220& Oh some hot modder like Rocket may come up with the next Dayz but I’m inclined to think this contest is more desperation on the part of BI and the contest will do more to hurt A3 than help. I can get people on a server with Domination but another Arma 3 release will probably break Domination again and without Xeno to fix it I and many others are done with Arma.

Comment

YES! Hopefully this will motivate the ACE Team will get up to Speed and get moving on ACE ArmA III !

Comment

I really hope your wrong Zap that would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by .Ferret. View Post
                    I really hope your wrong Zap that would suck.
                    Xeno not only created Domination but was an ACE Team Leader as well as part of the CBA Team. His and other big time modders not allowing their material to be used, and worse yet no longer contributing material, can’t do anything but hurt Arma more than the contest and money will help it IMHO.

Comment

I don't really get how this could do more hurt than good, but I thought a lot of these people had already thrown in the towel before ArmA 3 was released? The contest won't change that one way or another. Hopefully some new modders will be encouraged to come to the fore.

I can understand the desire of these modders to protect their work, and of course they are free to choose to do whatever they want with it, but isn't it a bit hypocritical to get angry at BI for attempting to do the same to theirs?
                      sigpic

Comment

Arma is not only Domination or only ACE. For me Arma is something so much more than one mod and one mission. Like Arma 2 shaped itself over the years I am gonna see what happens. One thing is for sure, Arma 1 brought us some outstanding stuff. Arma 2 shaped up to be even better. I am excited about some of the stuff that is coming out and looking forward to what is gonna happen next.

It has been only months since release and SP campaign has not finished coming out yet. Arma 1 enjoyed 3 years of life. Arma2 enjoyed a long life of 4 years. I wonder how long I get to enjoy this title. Some very ambitious community made content is coming out which is gonna make the upcomiing Arma experience so much more. We might be able to fight against thousand of AI at one point.

So do not give up so easily because of one person and one mission not being supported anymore. I predict that it will get better.

Comment

It has become abundantly clear that most people have already given up on Arma III, especially here at TG. An empty server day after day, week after week, does not bode well. The question now is, how long will TG support a game with little to no play? Nostalgia for the days of Arma past and how long it has been here can only go so far a la PR2, long played and highly praised but now gone.

Comment

Well this thread has become dark. For me, I do not share that view at all Chief. Don't obsess over the population checking it everyday. Not everybody is retired. Students are finishing up finals. If you want to play, you initiate the game. For me personally, I am coming back active after the patch on the 11th (still have to wrap up the semester). Patrol OPS (May be a 48 hour event), a trilogy of events on Sundays until the 29th coming down the pipe. I say this second half of Dec is gonna be some nice burst of gaming sessions for me.

As for Zap, I do share your point of view. I am gonna lobby for Domi.
                            Last edited by hedgehog; 12-07-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have been in and out lately. Classes are over for me but, I am catching up on books I wanted to read during the semester and reorganizing the house after much neglect during the school term.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X