Gauging interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging interest

Just wanted to see if we do a event this weekend, would everyone be up for playing using the Alive MOD. Long story short, we want to keep feeding you fresh content but the reality sometime missions can take weeks to develop. With the Alive MOD enabled, we can make a solid mission for you guys in about a hour.

And of course for those that have never used it we can walk everyone through real quick on how to enable.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    8.33%
    Possibly, but I never used it
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

"The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Gauging interest

Solo voted Yes.

Reasons:
    Good missions for the most part.
    Plenty for everyone to do given the multiple contacts that spawn based on the designer
    Anything for some good game play with the awesome TG team.

Some things to consider (just sayin):
    Some issues with the spawn elements (like them popping everywhere and behind us randomly - keep it real)
    some issues with the "re-spawn" . . . there were issues dropping in and not being with the squad selected

Also, happy to help walk players through the install (even made a video for it already) posting link again - http://youtu.be/szffYxA3Au4

Let me know how else I can help for the upcoming "ALIVE" Event.

Solo

Comment

If I'm around, I'd totally be down for that. I'm moving this week so it's a little iffy, but we'll see.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I am interested but can't really commit.
        "We the unwilling,
        lead by the unknowing,
        have done so much with so little for so long
        we can now do anything with nothing."

Comment

I hope to be able to play. I will be home but have chores to attend to so leadership is not a good thing. I'll be able to play for close to 2 hours but that's pushing it.

This mod looks like it has some incredible tools for mission design. Can't wait to take a closer look when I get my gaming rig set back up later this week.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I am and will be tied up with my house for the next month or so. Hope to join in on these events again soon.

Life calls and I must answer for the moment.

Good luck.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by MadSoloSniper View Post
              Solo voted Yes.

Reasons:
              Good missions for the most part.
              Plenty for everyone to do given the multiple contacts that spawn based on the designer
              Anything for some good game play with the awesome TG team.

Some things to consider (just sayin):
              Some issues with the spawn elements (like them popping everywhere and behind us randomly - keep it real)
              some issues with the "re-spawn" . . . there were issues dropping in and not being with the squad selected

Also, happy to help walk players through the install (even made a video for it already) posting link again - http://youtu.be/szffYxA3Au4

Let me know how else I can help for the upcoming "ALIVE" Event.

Solo
              Alive is only Alpha, but it shows promise for the end state. The functionality provided in the current version are well beyond any capability that BIS has ever gotten so far, the AI behavior/intelligence alone is far superior IMO. The negative issues are fairly easy to mitigate at this point for an event, we simply start the server a couple minutes ahead of humans populating and the AI will already have appeared so no spawning behind you will happen. The respawn issue is a bit trickier, I found when I add external scripts that either contradict or try and enhance the modules pre-built into Alive, there is conflicts. That one mission makers have to keep a eye on.

Unfortunately the true potential for Alive is somewhat transparent to a lot of us when we are in game. The advantage comes in that mission makers can make extremely dynamic and complex content very quickly. The advantage then becomes more content, that is fresh more often.

Again, this is just a idea for a change of pace and not something that will be permanent or replace any way that we play. We have been doing pretty good over the last 5 month providing new missions each week for our events (thanks B, Rudolf and the rest of the guys), but it is a lot of work and I don't want to see anyone get burnt out so we have a new mission every Sunday.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I am in. Anything that may re-ignite interest in Arma on our servers is a good thing.

Comment

I definatly would as I have it installed already. :)

I would also love to see ST_Hud and movement eventualy. ;)

Comment

ALIVE and CBA_a3 installed and ready to proceed.
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I fully support any mods you guys deem fit. Been using PlayWithSix to manage them and the program runs a lot faster than it used to which makes things a lot easier.

Comment

Yeah, no issue with mods... Had some fun with alive before Christmas so should be good!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna have to put in a new floor before I can put my gaming rig in. That means I'll be playing with a chop saw and measuring tape instead of playing with y'all this Sunday...but can't wait to play with this mod. It sounds like a real game changer...maker...

As far as the HUD, we did the team names script so we don't have to do the HUD. I like the mission development aids and playability improvements of the Alive mod but this mod road is a tough road to navigate once it gets started. This from a former server admin. There is way more work on the back end and honestly your volunteers that admin and do the server side work have to give up a lot of game time. I really don't miss doing it lol.

Yup, hats off to BigC, Rudolf and Damonte & Apo for all the hours of tedium they have done for Arma. (Not to mention all the other admins who did their time and I can think of LowSpeed, Socom & Impulse who put huge time into it since I got started out here). Dredge always seems to leave a dead guy in the server when he took the stick. JK!

Anyway, huge side track.....good luck with the event and hope this Alive is as successful as I've been hearing!
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X