Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone willing to offer mission building classes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone willing to offer mission building classes?

Sooooooooooo,

Been away from steady TG ArmA give or take a year? Can't quite remember the last time I really played with ya'll until yesterday (great fun, miss a lot of old faces, times change).

Anyways, the new maps really offer some interesting ideas for missions due to the size and geographical make up (but really due miss dense woodlands).

I have a mission idea I wrote up after playing yesterdays event but unsure if all the pieces are available for it to work and the fact that I lack real coding knowledge.

Anyone willing to offer mission building classes?
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Anyone willing to offer mission building classes?

Hey Viper, I think I remember your name from the Arma2 days, just as I was starting to play with TG. Thanks for playing last night - it was good fun - you should type up an AAR!

I'm still learning mission making - particularly the multiplayer side - so I'm not at all qualified to offer tuition...

Speaking only for my own experience however, I am learning by imagining a mission and jumping in and trying to build it, just as you are doing. I haven't thought of something yet that I couldn't eventually build / hack together (which either means I have a terrible imagination or ninja mission making skills). There is a load of information on the forums here and on google for just about any problem you would be likely to come across.

The main mission making forum on TG is this one - have a look at the stickies up the top such as the "Arma 2 Editor Tutorial Series by PCLiPSE" which is basically a pre-recorded class starting from the very basics. (Its for ArmA 2 but there isn't too much difference). Also I would have a look at this list of helpful links for Arma3, it has things like a TG mission template and so on which can get you started.

One of the more experienced mission makers may have some better ideas :)

EDIT: P.S. I also miss ArmA 2 terrain - I've been playing some missions with All in ArmA but its not the same as multiplayer with the TG crew.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Anyone willing to offer mission building classes?

I'll be more than happy to help you individually. If you want we can schedule a time that your working on your mission/script and I can help you work through it. just send me a PM if you are interested.
      Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X