Upcoming new vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming new vehicles

Today I read through SITREP #00046 on the ARMA site and noticed something interesting. So far I've only heard about the CSAT jet being released with the third campaign episode, but I noticed this:

We are primarily tweaking the jets' flight models
    Now maybe I'm over analysing apostrophe placement, but the red bit seems to indicate jets plural! Have BLUFOR jets been announced elsewhere and I've missed it?
    Last edited by mecharius; 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM. Reason: typo in title... this happens a lot
    sigpic

Re: Upcoming new vehicles

I read about a blufor one somewhere but not confirmed, it could also be that they'd improve the flight models of the new opfor jet and the Buzzard that already exists
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

I heard too somewhere around their webpage or forums or a blog or something that they planned on having at least one fixed wing aircraft for each force.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Hopefully its a BLUFOR one, but then again the thing with ArmA is not to hope too much, but to take what you are given and have a good time with it :)
        sigpic

Comment

•Tank crew should no longer use 'magic radar'

by this they mean the top left radar im guessing? it just popped up on devbranch... that'll be interesting to see, I also wonder how the AA vehicle would work in that case. maybe its gonna get nerfed and have no radar at all? or maybe magic radar has something to do with Zeus. im clueless.

also, a while back devbranch had a unit called Rifleman (Shotgun), so hopefully we'll see those soon too

sigpic

Comment

well... You guys wanted jets: http://www.arma3.com/news/arma3-camp...0#.Ux_vuvldWOF

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
            "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

ZING!!! Sweet, thanks Shoomfie.

The engine nacelles on the "A10" look a little funny, sort of like a low poly cylinder from a 90s game. Anyway... should be a fun update!
              sigpic

Comment

That's cuz it's the "A-146" . . .the "replacement" to the A-10 . . . . .;-)

They also talked (another thread) about the need to "update the audio of some vehicles" adding a "pre-sound" a "mid-sound" and a "finish sound". . . . .my hope is it's the guttural drone of the gatling gun on that beast . . . . heard from the cockpit or the ground it should be AWESOME . . . . :-)

Comment

Does anyone have the "weapons_classes" for armament that will part of the new vehicles? I am curious to see if they continue to create decent vehicles then add under-powered weapon systems to them...
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I don't have the class names, but we can assume that the A-146 will have nearly same armament as A-10's and that the opfor one will have, last I checked, 4 GBU's (500 pounders), 2 AGM's, 2 ASRAAM's, around 70 pieces of 70mm unguided rockets or so and the forward-mounted 20mm - don't quote me on all of this though. So the only new weapon will be the unguided rockets on the opfor jet and whatever is mounted on the A-146... as for the truck theres no armaments of course, only the mine-resistant cover on the bottom

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...