Looking for armor fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for armor fans

we always talk about how we coordinate our infantry squads, but same goes for just about any unit that contains more than one man. I like being a crewman among a lot of things and any kind of armor (MBT/APC/IFV) usually requires you to have all those seats taken or you'll get screwed right away; except for a few weeks ago where everyone had the magic radar to spot enemy vehicles. To be using these vehicles it requires discipline and every role acting as they should, I like to do any of the commander/gunner/driver/loader seats in tanks and I'm looking for people who wants to use this more often and practice practice. It would be easy to practice considering the zeus mode. let me know if you be interested

on a sidenote: I saw the first military vehicle on a car show in real life today - a main battle tank (stridsvagn 122). It accelerated a lot faster than I had expected which surprised me, you never get the chance to see those things up here too often :)
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Re: Looking for armor fans

Xor,

Happy to run the Zeus side of things when you want to practice "boots (or treads in this situation) on the ground".

Let me know,

Zolo (I mean Solo) . . . . ;-)

Comment

Yeah, a good idea Xor our focus so far has been mostly on infantry combat. There are some good areas on Altis for an all out armo(u!)r battle. I'm definitely up for some more missions and/or practice along these lines.

As a side note Shacktac have some amazing armoured convoy missions on youtube, mostly from A2, where they coordinate within vehicles this way.
      sigpic

Comment

This sounds really interesting, I don't have the experience a lot of other users do, but I'm definitely willing to join in. I've always had a major soft-spot for armour.

Comment

I was talking with one of our long time TacticalGamer dudes who may have a little something to do with armour from another game we run here. It's funny you mention this the same day I asked him about possible giving us his tips on keeping armour hull down and coordinated. In World of Tanks they have a single player man a tank but much of the coordination and such we could learn from. As well, we have a large armoured presence in Planetside 2. I'm not sure how applicable that would be to us but we could get some good tips I'm sure.

Further to that, TGU or Tactical Gamer University is developing a course on how to use vehicles and it will cover the tank organizations as well. However, in all honesty we have so much work to do first on the basics it will be a few months before the official course is ready. In the meantime, lets schedule some unofficial sessions and invite our various gamers in the know to share their knowledge. I'm sure our TGU course will benefit from it greatly.

I will return to this thread to announce a date. A "Date with Armour" :row__593:
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'll be there on those dates :)

and whatever people are interested in can always be requested, for instance whenever im zeus just let me know that the people in the game wants to run a convoy mission. done! you've got an entirerly different mission as opposed to normal infantry combat. maybe sometimes you want complete air assault of some sort, maybe blackfoots, jets, ghosthawks and other aircrafts (this would probably be more suitable for missions where we have above default viewdistance...). there's also spec ops, sniper ops, naval ops, airbourne ops and a lot of other things
            - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Sold on both accounts!

Although I do have exams to sit in the first two weeks of May so I think I'm going to need to install parental controls on my Steam account :/
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X