Gameplay question,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameplay question,

While I'm not knocking the great co-op gameplay that I've experienced on the TG server, I'm just curious whether you guys have done other types of gameplay (i.e. team vs. team). I saw a few scenarios on the 'mission selector' screen, but I just wasn't sure if that was something done in the past or if you guys still do it...

I think it'd be interesting to do some 'serious' team vs. team stuff.. even if just small stuff at first.

I did have an idea for an interesting scenario (assuming it works the way I think it does) ... one BLUFOR player gets stranded out in the wilderness of Altis with nothing but a couple smoke grenades, binoculars and the clothes on his back (no radio for team comms, assuming it prevents you from using radio channels when you don't have a radio in your inventory.. idk). With that survivor out there, teams of player OPFOR and BLUFOR have to find him. OPFOR obviously to capture and interrogate, while BLUFOR are tasked with bringing him home. I personally think it's an interesting idea, heck, I'd even volunteer to be the survivor if no one else wanted to do it.

Just thinking that mixing things up a bit might spice up everyone's experience on the server, and possible attract more players to TG. My 2 cents.

:)

Re: Gameplay question,

Given enough people are playing, I would love some team vs team stuff. I don't know if TG has done anything like that in the past but it seems like it would be fun.

Comment

There has been some TvT stuff in the past but most people seem to prefer Co-op. I tend to spend a lot of time dead in TvT so its not my favourite thing in the world :)
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. If you want, write up a more detailed post in Mission Dev and I'll try make this a reality or help someone who wants to try and create this. Again this does sound fun and I have some interesting ideas for where it could go, like incorporating my and Rudolph radio script and SAR dog script.
        Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Originally posted by Yink View Post
          Sounds like a good idea.
          Just re-read my post and it may have come across as a bit negative - definitely didn't mean that way! I say give it a go :)
          sigpic

Comment

I think most people are open minded to playing different styles, such as TvT and the like. For regular play and on rotation on the server, it becomes difficult. That being said, doing as a event is a good idea and I am all for it...
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by mecharius View Post
              Just re-read my post and it may have come across as a bit negative - definitely didn't mean that way! I say give it a go :)
              Ya that's the main problem with non-arcadey tvt.the lack of player numbers and increased respawn times can lead to a lot of downtime. I was thinking of adding a mix of coop and tvt by having the AI be main forces and players be side specific special forces. This would add some coop action and some interesting pvp encounters. I'll go over it in the mission dev thread if it is made.
              Last edited by Yink; 06-19-2014, 05:48 AM.
              Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Love the TvT. I will set some up in Zues as soon as we have a willing group. I don't know why I haven't done so yet....good thread!
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I recommend NO “U” key, run in “Vet” mode (no third person and no auto plot of enemy, and no plot of friendly locations either). Respawns would be based on tickets and balanced by Zeus on the structure and “strength” of either team.

Any team that kills the survivor automatically loses. Any team that finds the survivor must treat him within the “Geneva Convention” of prisoner handling or loses. A team wins by eliminating all of the opposing team including respawns or capturing (securing) the survivor.

I have thoughts about some additional parameters to the mission to mix it up a bit and to add some elements of reality to it as well as keep the mission balanced and all of the members of the mission involved with objectives.

I like it. Awesome Suggestion.

Comment

Sounds like you guys with more experience doing mission dev. are running with the idea, awesome! :D

The interesting thing about a scenario like this, we could use it to follow a "story arc" for more scenarios down the road. For example, the survivor was a passenger aboard a Hummingbird that was out doing recon. They were shot down because OPFOR believed they had spotted their 'hidden' encampment in the area. So.. if BLUFOR recover the survivor, a future scenario could be focused around BLUFOR searching the area for the OPFOR camp. While on the other hand, if OPFOR captures the survivor then they gain intel about BLUFOR camps/FOBs in the area and a future scenario could be a defensive battle. Either of these future scenarios could be TvT or even just co-op.

The BLUFOR defense scenario for example, an unsuspecting BLUFOR team at the small FOB outside of Frini (previously used in Operation Band Camp) are assaulted with wave after wave of OPFOR troops coming from what seems like every direction.. could easily be TvT or co-op.

.... I spend way too much time thinking about this kind of stuff during my 12hr shifts at work. Lol. I've got mission ideas for days.

Comment

Originally posted by R3LYK_ View Post
                      I've got mission ideas for days.
                      Sounds like we need to get you hooked up in the mission editor!
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                        Sounds like we need to get you hooked up in the mission editor!
                        I've tried my hand with the mission editor before.. couldn't figure it out / get used to it. I was over the moon when they announced Zeus because it let me flesh out missions in real time. The only downside to real time, is that when you've got 5-20 other players waiting.. they can get a little antsy. (Not to mention there's always one or two, "HEY ZEUS, I CAN HAZ AIRPLANE?! I AM GUD PILOT! :D :D :D")

Comment

I'll be willing to set some Zues TvT up tonight after supper is settled. Say 7pm EST? Will depend on what is going on. I have a few ideas cooking up.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                            I'll be willing to set some Zues TvT up tonight after supper is settled. Say 7pm EST? Will depend on what is going on. I have a few ideas cooking up.
                            Assuming I get everything on my to-do list done.. I'm game for 7pm EST.

Comment

I've been meaning to post up to try the TvT again. Lets get the word out and we can build this into more. Watch for more on this topic sooner. Friday TvT is on depending on attendance. I will be making myself available at 5pm EST which should be a little better for our European crew!
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X