No announcement yet.

[TGU] Battle Drill - Contact Reports, Map Reading, Sitrep & Advanced Formations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TGU] Battle Drill - Contact Reports, Map Reading, Sitrep & Advanced Formations

TacticalGamer University
    presents

BATTLE DRILL

A battle drill is where we have a TGU instructor review a procedure or tactic and then we practice that a number of times. The purpose is to get hands on learning which is essential to follow up on TGU courses.

The subjects your instructor is bringing to the group tonight will be:
    • Contact Reports - The three D's. Direction (methiods), Distance (methiods) and Description. Calling contact to your fire team is very different than to other teams.
    • Map Reading - What is a 6 or 8 digit grid. Who and when do we use it? Reading the contour lines.
    • Sitrep - What is a situational report? How is it used? Who starts one? Practice.
    • Formation Transitioning - simple practice in staying in formation and changing from line to column. Changing direction and what that means to other teams.

Obviously this is way too much information to cover in one drill. However, we will see who is there and what our priority should be. See you at 6pm New York time.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: [TGU] Battle Drill - Contact Reports, Map Reading, Sitrep & Advanced Formations

Yes today. It's today.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Re: [TGU] Battle Drill - Contact Reports, Map Reading, Sitrep & Advanced Formations

Count me in boss . . . I could use some of that there map reading edumication.

5:00 PM CHICAGO time (you know the place that had 82 shootings and 14 homicides over the holiday weekend) . . . ya "THAT" Chicago. . . ;-)

Comment

Is that 1500 hrs. beautiful Pacific Northwest time? Where you can now buy your weed from a friendly corner store? Yes sir that WA.

Comment

You are correct about the time Chief. So totally correct.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Yep Chief . . . and now you know the guy who helps finance and do the banking stuff for those awesome little shops . . . . . :-)

Comment

would love to know how to read maps. Count me in...
              sigpic

Comment

Prepare ye the delay . . . . . only short we hope but just so no one thinks the "world is crashing in". Looks like the TS server will be moved / updated at 1800 EST tonight (same time as our Drills launch) . . . see post here

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...g-tonight.html

Looking forward to seeing you all there . . .maybe a touch later once we get back online, but I'll be there

Thanks,

Solo

Comment

I am aware of this event and I'm prepping a bit earlier than 1800 so I can get you guys right back in business.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Ah thank you Mr.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Following up on what we did review last night I've made THIS SITREP DIAGRAM for TacticalGamer University's Reference Library.

We went over how the map grid system works using 4, 6 & 8 digit grids. How to use the compass to subdivide grids to 8 digit grid (Thanks to Rudolf and Ramna for your tips). Learned how to read contour lines and calling hills by their peak elevation.

Then we moved on to SitRep or Situation Reports. The format I called to you guys was a little loose compared to the above diagram but it still works.

Glad to have you guys along. We may be doing this more during events where the team has a moment to wait. Nothing long, just short moments where we pass on some of the TGU SOP's.

Thanks for that fellas.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Will definitely have to print that out! I always enjoy battle drill so will aim to make it where the times are compatible
                        sigpic

Comment

And for those who were there and wish to relive the glory :D

|TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Thank you for this from those that could not make it but wanted to.

Comment

Sorry I missed the drill. Do you know when the next drill is?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X