Test on Server 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test on Server 2

Testing a server side addon to help with AI behavior. It's the same suppression system we used to use on A2. So far it really adds some better reactions for when AI are under fire. Play some server 2 and let us know how it's working.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Test on Server 2

How long is server 2 up for. Unless I missed a post, which is possible, I thought server two was up tue-thu, but I dont remember the last time it was available.

What is the time line for server 2 testing and ongoing use?

Thanks!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Server 2 has been up tues, thurs & sat since we spooled it up.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

There is a line of sight variation in the mod. I've disabled it as there was a lot of one shot head shots again. Not good for a suppression system that is supposed to help the ai behave smarter and shoot more human. Will give it another chance for Tuesday.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I'll try to get on this Tuesday to have a go. Have to say I really enjoyed the quick test the other day so I'm hoping it's possible to get the AI to behave!
          sigpic

Comment

This mod is being tested on Server1 as well. When you get "You don't have CBA running" then that is perfect. Clients will still be unable to join with CBA running but it is running server side only.

Remember to post feedback on how you think the suppression mod is working and how you find the ai abilities.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

From our test of island 3 with the mod running it seemed to do what it says on the tin... We saw some enemy 350m away, fired on them and they hit the dirt and scrambled for cover. Yay! During this time they hardly fired on us. I don't think the one shot headshots were any worse than the vanilla event mission we had just finished.

In the end we were owned by a combination of superior enemy strength, B's excellent mission making and one timer shots to the head from 200m.

I feel the mod gave us more options in for suppression and flanking although we probably could have used these better.
              sigpic

Comment

Testing a different mod for server side AI changes. Does not require CBA running server side so you can ignore my previous post.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Ps...I think we have a winner. I love the suppresion mod but the Zues AI does a great job of controlling skills. Will roll this out to both servers for the next week.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Yay!
                    sigpic

Comment

It was good to get a chance to test it out just after playing without it, made for a greater contrast.

During the Angel Fire event (without the mod) we ran into one enemy who must have been the reincarnation of Simo Häyhä. He was hiding in one of those small green buildings standing, peeking out the window with his head and just plinked away at us, single handedly holding our full squad back and causing us great casualties. He was completely undeterred at our attempts to suppress him and our attempts to snipe him back were unsuccessful because he was suppressing us! Singlehandedly! We had to flank far around to where he could not see us to be able to take the base...

Playing diary 3 after that with the suppression mod was pretty great. I played as AR.
                      The most noticable thing was that the enemies, if taking fire, would actually move to try and find cover. Only if none was nearby would they go prone and start shooting back, and less effectively.
                      One way to improve the mod would be to increase the fire rate of the enemies suppressed. They are stressed and can't take the time to take as accurate shots so instead try to rely on volume of fire (or just panicking).
                      Enemy ARs have volume of fire so the loss off accuracy the AI suffers from this mod seemed to not matter as much for them which was interesting as this distinguishes the squad role as AR for the AI a bit more instead of just being the guy to lazy to reload. And hey it also distuinguishes the AR a bit more for us players vs AI as well since suppression is actually effective against AI now.
                      Personally i noticed no one shot headshots although Will seems to have noticed it. Most "instakills" i observed was at close range 50m or less so it made sense.

From my perspective i noticed nothing bad with the mod and i like it.
                      It could use more testing in CQB where cover is plentiful.

The Zeus AI mod... it feels like vanilla so far, what does it do and how?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X