• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACRE2 release this weekend?

Some excitement over on the BI forums as the following link was posted:

Wonder if
    a) it's true and
    b) if it is any better/different than TFR?
    sigpic

Re: ACRE2 release this weekend?

I have not used it in so long that I really don't miss it.

Comment

Acre?

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

...long time.

-Old Ben Kenobi

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Haha, "I've got a bad feeling about this" Dimitrius. Kind of agree Chief, I'm just curious to see what they do differently to TFR.
        sigpic

Comment

. . . . It's a Trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just going with the theme.

Comment

ACRE 2 may or may not be coming out as it was not Nobur who posted that, I would say that since Nobur has been working on the ACRE stuff as well as the Military Version that he sells for VBS I would say that he has better features than TFR considering that TFR was a cracked open version of ACRE that was well how do you put it uploaded by some unscrupulous Russians.

Comment

OPS dont say bull**** pls. TS SDK is opened and everybody can use it, btw its not surprise info that best programmers are in China, Russia and India. Now I playing DCS and its use same type of radio. Is it OK that this game was made in 2003 while Arma in 2007? Russians use radio mod (own, not ACRE) from Tushino, the biggest tvt Arma server at those ages. There are lot of variants radio for games, SDK is opened, most radios free - dont need to crack. Or if in your mind players who creating wear and weapons mods for Arma are hackers and steal this stuff from guy who made it first - then OK, i have nothing to say..

Comment

Originally posted by Chichco View Post
                OPS dont say bull**** pls. TS SDK is opened and everybody can use it, btw its not surprise info that best programmers are in China, Russia and India. Now I playing DCS and its use same type of radio. Is it OK that this game was made in 2003 while Arma in 2007? Russians use radio mod (own, not ACRE) from Tushino, the biggest tvt Arma server at those ages. There are lot of variants radio for games, SDK is opened, most radios free - dont need to crack. Or if in your mind players who creating wear and weapons mods for Arma are hackers and steal this stuff from guy who made it first - then OK, i have nothing to say..
                The objective in this was not to in sight rage or talk BS, I do not refer to the original TFAR branch either there was a community who took it upon themselves to take something they did not own the rights to and crack it. And I have the up most respect for I.P rights but there are many in the world who do not. I have no issues with some of the best programmers but in those countries there is a lax attitude toward intellectual property right laws. This was not meant to offend nor to insight rage, All it was was my opinion. And in many cases recently in the arm averse there are a few who have indeed opened weapons and mods that did not belong to them and "Hack them" for their own uses.
                Last edited by OPS; 08-21-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Some countries have individuals hackers who work for themself, some have hackers on goverment level and spy for partners technologies, some steal hackers from other countries w/o juristic rights, put them in prisons and force them work on their goverment. Its a big question who developed something and who hack and not allways who have IPrights have create this.
                  BTW I've playing A3 with TF squad at tvt servers (WOG, Arma3.ru and others), they and others create alot of good mods - Arma script language is opened too and comunity share ideas and code to make Arma better together.

Comment

Getting Back on Topic Nobur Released ACRE2 Public Beta Release

Comment

I very much like the mechanics of TFR but I never really can get the controls down right and the interface feels messy to me. I haven't had a chance to play around with ACRE 2 just yet, but if it's anything like ACRE, I'm sure I'll like it. Now of course, there's two sides to using a radio mod. On the one hand, I absolutely love the authenticity and immersion that mods bring to the table, but on the other; the more complicated it gets the more people just stand around base trying to figure things out, which can take even longer if someone doesn't know the controls. ACRE had the advantage of the short-range 343's, where players couldn't almost always, just use channel 1, and changing them was simple (TFR's personal radios seem much too complicated for every-game use). I for one am very excited for this mod, and I hope the admins strongly consider switching to this (assuming that it's up to original ACRE standards that I've come quite accustomed to).

*cough*I think we should use CTab, MCC mod and CSE too.*cough*

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...