Clear All

• ReTake Altis - Raven's Nest - Discussion Thread

MISSION BRIEF AND DEVELOPERS CHAT

CAMPAIGN - RETAKE ALTIS
    MISSION - RAVEN'S NEST

MISSION BRIEF

IMPORTANT - - - READ WHAT FOLLOWS - - - IMPORTANT

MISSION STRUCTURE
    This mission uses REVIVE ONLY – there will be NO Respawns – anyone electing to ReSpawn will find themselves many Kilometers from the AO with no weapons and no way to get back other than to walk for hours. We may put an ability to get back into “Spectator” for those dead and lost – so you can watch your teammates progress during the battle, but that has not been decided as of yet.

For this reason KEEP TRACK OF YOUR TEAMMATES and make sure to PROTECT YOUR MEDICS

RESUPPLY CRATE
    The CO will have the ability to move the resupply crate from the boat to the shore – this also means the CO can (accidentally of course) drop the crate in deep water if the option is selected too soon – losing all resupply materials for the team. MAKE SURE TO ONLY SELECT THE OPTION WHEN NEAR SHORE.

The CO can also move the crate back INTO the boat if the team wishes to change their resupply location on shore, but the “pick up crate to drop” time is 10 SECONDS ONLY, so the crate can only be on or near the shore.

LOADOUTS
    The Resupply Crate has been equipped with custom loadouts for an “Advanced Recon Team” once you hit the shore your CO will instruct you on the role to take. All team members will have the Mk18’s (except for the AR who will have the Mk200 – silenced) and everyone will have RCOs and silencers to help with the surprise element of a true Recon Team.

Check with your CO for other details and loadout particulars.

DEVELOPERS CHAT

This mission is the first of a Campaign of Missions to reclaim the island of Altis from those who are oppressing it. Set in the not too distant future the campaign takes the NATO troops on a journey deep in to the ever growing and ever changing island of Altis. Developed by our own MadSoloSniper and Will (Mecharius) of TG and using the Anvil Framework as a backdrop for the mission development the CAMPAIGN will follow a “Command Conceived” assault across the whole of the Altis Island.

NATO troops will be up against warring factions on the island who may or may not at any given moment be friendly to NATO troops. Allegiances will change over time and based on the success and progression of the NATO forces and sometimes may shift mid-mission, so be on the alert because other than your teammates everyone might be an enemy.

Also, I look forward to feedback on this, my first true mission development (built with a HUGE dose of help from Unkl, Will, Rudolf and a host of others - thanks guys).

Thanks,

Solo

Re: ReTake Altis - Raven's Nest - Discussion Thread

Awesome Solo. Wish I could be there to get into this series or help you with them. Good luck and keep at it.

Comment

Beardeww,

ArmA 3 - Server One - No Mods. Grab TeamSpeak and join us on Sunday, looking forward to it.

Feel free to post other questions here.

PS - Thanks "B" . . . you'll be missed, hope you can get back to us soon . . . peace my friend . . . :-)

Comment

Looks fun Solo... I'm going to practice my "not dying" on this mission as it could definitely use some work :)
        sigpic

Comment

Apocalypse Now - smell of napalm - YouTube

Just to get you guys fired up for Sunday.

Comment

Love it.

If I may make a suggestion, I personally would love to see the raw statistics of BDA/KIA posted after each battle, and added together collectively for the campaign. It would be interesting to see for example, how much manpower and equipment we lose over the course of the battles/campaign versus how much the enemy loses.
            sigpic

Comment

Those kinds of things don't really matter much in our style of play here. Most of us die a lot as a team, tactically of course.

Comment

Is it me or for everyone it was like duck hunt? Blinded bots didnt see us in 30m and not react on fire.. Only 1 time while they were shooting it was at boat position and no1 of us was hit/killed. I've killed 14 enemy, probably each of you same count. So, ~10 players x ~10 bots = ~100 bots on territory. No one was hit during operation (except me by mistake friendly nade). Very strange statistic. Of course while enemy havent NV (and nevermind that their bullet size = our bullet size/2, with .50cal they couldnt see anything or couldnt aim good) I can understand that. I think I could come closer to bot and ask "what time is it" and he answer, w/o any shot. Seems something wrong.. Maybe with me..

Anyway thanks to all for game, for support with registering, for lighting way to correct uboat, for healing, for patience to my bad English.

Comment

Great to see you back Chichco! I hope to make the next one.

Biggs
                  sigpic

Canadjun, eh?

Comment

Hey m8! Yeah, you and Dimitrius lose lots of fun stuff in this mission, for example when I not correct understand command and jump from uboat on speed or when I like "the wild one" drop my lower piece of body on grenade to cover teammates or when Im runing from player to player to understand by lips where is my speakin commander. Intuition and scare help me survive between bots and those "strange language players" :row__523:

BTW if everybody will speak with this prononce (+18?) it will help me understand them better :icon12:
                    Last edited by Chichco; 08-31-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I think I understand what he is trying to convey. It was dark and and just trying to find the right sub and get the sub to work and ride the sub all the way to the beach was more than some of us could accomplish. I felt truly lost and frustrated and fully felt my 72 years of age, that maybe my sight, hearing and reflexes can not keep up with my young (I feel) mind. With push to talk you could not hear me calling up all the old salty expletives that should have peeled the paint off my walls. BTW after I quit I went to test my scuba skills in the scenerios and they worked just fine so I can not explain the unexplainable. You can not get shed of me that easily, I shall return!

Comment

Wrong place for AAR but not going to move these last few posts. Chief, the version we will leave on the servers will load the divers into the subs on mission start without player action. Then the drivers just have to follow the directions of the periscope dude.

Closing this thread.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X