Where is everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?

TG Arma use to be huge! Is everyone on the beach currently? Friday night at 8:15pm EST and the potato is the only one in TS and hes even afk.

Re: Where is everyone?

I can only speak from myself with recent changes to the direction TG Arma has taken I didnt feel in home like compared on the time when arma 2 was on TG.

Comment

The Greek Islands may be good for vacationing but make pretty boring landscapes after awhile, especially with no civilian population. For some reason I just don't seem to be able to build a lot of enthusiasm for fighting these particular enemies. More ho hum than gung ho, not a lot of joy with Arma lll as it stands now imho.

Comment

Since teamspeaks AFK indicator is not automatic it may be falsely set to AFK. Forget many times to alter it. Try "poking" my client next time and i might respond.
        I'm not seeing much people playing weekdays but it may well be due to timezone differences. I'm in Central European time. Most people in TG seem to be from America so when they want to start playing i have to go to bed...

Still love sundays though.

*edit
        Why is nobody in the Teamspeak though? By hanging out in the TS you are easy to contact if someone wants to form a game.
        Another thing, join the TG arma steam group so you also are contactable for games from there.

Comment

Timezone was not the problem many players stopped playing with the changes that where made, before it didnt matter the timezone the server was always active

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidCommander View Post
            I can only speak from myself ...
            Originally posted by LiquidCommander View Post
            many players stopped playing with the ...
            Don't contradict yourself Liquid. I am staying away for personal, real life reasons.

Comment

Well Then I correct myself, some of the regulars that used to play here didnt liked the way the community was taken including myself, I spent a lot of time in this community and have good memories with the admins and members, but some choices were made and I stopped.

Comment

Greetings from sunny Florida! Yes, I am actually at the beach most of the time. :p

But then again, I never really played much ArmA in the first place. ;)
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have been scarce lately as well, but it is the end of the summer where I live, I did just buy a house last fall which I am still remodeling, and I have a career.

...still feels like all of that adult crap is a sad excuse for not getting moar ARMA in..

When I do logon, however, I always have a great time with the players I do end up with.

TG is still strong, we're just in the pit of the sine wave. Next cycle will have us on the up and up. THis is life, up and down, even with player count!

I forsee a strong ARMA playerbase as the weather deteriorates.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

No idea what the suggestions of the direction this, direction that are. As you all know that I am not as active in ARMA as I used to.

However, experience tells me that (as cliche is may sound) it is the players themselves that needs to encourage another to hop on the server.
                    To get the server population going. That is how it used to be and it seems like this method never changed through changing of the times. OFP, ARMA, ARMAII, ARMAIII...

So get in there and plays some great games and please write an AAR for us mere observers/admirers of the game could enjoy!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Aloha, Young Brit here.

Now, its been a while... and I don't know how to type this into words... But I shot myself in the foot on this one...

Now at the beginning I thought Arma 3 to be the "NEW BEST THING" I even produced a post on it that can be found here but it seems that although I moved on on show, I cant bring myself to say I chose the right team to stick to...

The one message that keeps playing back to me in my head when playing Arma 3 was... "the previous one did all this... and more" you can say "But Crazi this is all new and the current community is larger than that of the previous Arma game right now"... but the fact that I have nostalgia just will not go away, yes I have taken a break from TG Arma and yes it has been a while due to the fact that I failed a year of AS's and have moved onto an alternative education... But I just cant build up the drive to just jump up and get on and get moving and work everything out and shoot some enemies and all that other stuff we enjoy doing while on some kind of Arma vacation dream island.

I enjoy playing games but Arma 3 is just not one of those games I "want" to boot up and play, it only takes seconds to turn on but on the rest of my steam list I see something more appealing and by the time I look at the clock its 1AM and the whole night went to something else...

Even after looking back at the missions people have made for TG Arma 3 I know that they are all good and impressive (hey Zeus was one of the greatest things ever to happen to Arma), but I look back to a day when I could jump on 10PM at night, every night and people would be playing Arma 2 and I would just quickly get in game, the ball was already rolling down the hill and I didn't even need to push it, all I wanted was there and I didn't have to shout at 3 or 4 people to come join me, everything I played for was already at stake and I had barely wiped my feet on the carpet.

Now, its been a while, and I'm sorry just to dump this message on your doorstep I truly am and If you read it to the very end then thanks for reading my tale of woe.

But if you didnt read it, and you skipped straight to the end I'll put it bluntly for you: It. Isn't. The. Same.

Appologies, Crazi
                      Last edited by crazi; 09-24-2014, 09:24 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors
                      sigpic

warning excessive amounts of caffine may apply... results may vary

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X