X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Dragnet - Very public games

OPERATION DRAGNET

What is this Operation Dragnet?

Well I'm glad you asked. Over the next month or so we are scheduling some server time to the act of seeding. We will be playing some rather well known missions that we expect to attract a lot of public players who are unfamiliar with TG. We know this can create some really really fun games. We also know they can absolutely drain the fuel from even our most energetic leaders. That is why we are going to schedule them. So we get more TG regulars on at those times and make sure TG prospects get the kind of experience we all come here to experience.

It takes a well coordinated team to constantly organize JIPs (join in progress players), transport them to the battlefront and ensure they get proper coaching and feedback when they seem unaware that ours is a teamwork server (and that means CoC - Chain of Command). We want extra admins, our most experienced Commanders, and arguably most important our best Squad and Fire Team leaders. Its the latter that truly determine the experience newcomers recieve.

Why face so many players who may have not sought out TG for our mature and tactical ways?
    That my friends is simple. Our server is our best introduction to TG there can be. I don't know how many hundreds of times I've heard a new player say, "This is exactly what I always wanted out of this game." Hey, there are a lot of good places to play, but only we do what we do and we need to show that with the best device we have....in game.

But big dynamic missions are not what I came to TG for.
    Me neither. Honestly. But, it takes an endless supply of new blood and this method is tried and true. Think of it as a temporary measure to kick start us out of a summer vacation. These missions will be removed from the regular rotation except for these scheduled events. (Admin exception: Administration may put the missions on when there appears to be an opportunity and an appetite to run a successful seeding event if is during a downtime already.)

I'm tired of bad mouthed pubbies taking all the sniper rifles.
    LOL - Hey, if you aren't ready to show how to be patient and mature in showing how we do things, this just might not be the game for you. If that is the case, let admins know. We will keep a little list to see if we have gone way off track in this. It all hinges on you guys providing the leadership and example. So if your not into it then Dragnet is a scrub.

This is the best news ever. I want all Domination - all the time!
    You may want to re-read this post if you are still thinking this way. The bullet points are:
    • limited time offer
    • temporary kick start
    • need our regular players participation
    • need a whole lot of respect and maturity even in the face of the opposite
    • get your admin to deal with any un-TG like conduct
    • let a the game be a little more loose but look for the ways to take the tactics up another notch from where they are
    • Mention our regular missions and password events to promising prospects. This is where things really get tactical and they should sign up to get in!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Operation Dragnet - Very public games

We need to get our favorite cat herders back from Day Z, you know who you are... I'll help you out.

Comment

Hummm...the last zed that had me for lunch looks a lot like you Chief. :)

Comment

Come on home, and bring the other two with you.

Comment

Who is Chief talking about? Zap :)

I miss ya Chief!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Going to pick this up a little bit if I can before the event today. Want to seed the event a bit more.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Operation Dragnet will commence shortly. Lets get it rocking for a Sat night!
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I will be there tonight.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

What is tonight it is 12:52 here?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed