• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Tactical Gamer University - Training Day - Sun Nov 2nd 1900z

Tactical Gamer University
    presents

TRAINING DAY

Multiple Instructors - Instruction and Firing Range - Battle Drills - Leadership Drills - Vehicle Weapon Systems - Guided Weapons - Specialty Roles (Recon, APC/Tank Crews) - Flight Lessons - More Available

and introducing...

INDIRECT FIRE CALCULATIONS
    (yes Garthra has figured a work around to the too easy vanilla map click mortar system)

1900 ZULU - 2pm NEW YORK TIME
    NOTE THE TIME ZONE TIME CHANGE!

WAIT...WHAT?
    TRAINING DAY is something that has been in the works for a long time. This will be TGU's first foray into this model of delivering content and there is no pins associated with it. However, it should be a way to get some custom content out on the stuff you want to learn about. We can't guarantee we will get to the all the things that you want to learn because there will only be so many of us. But we will prioritize and adapt based on the need and capability at hand.
    • Grab that RPG (the new standard for Rifleman/AT in our missions due to it being non-guided and more like the AT-4) and learn how to fire it accurately with some great instruction. Learn how to lead a target at different ranges.
    • Learn some basic leadership skills that will go a long way to making dealing with 3 people talking at once, keeping a team motivated, tips on making your orders short and clear, understand how to delegate effectively, ect.
    • Ever tried to be a gunner in the attack helo but had no idea to press the what and the when? Exactly, lets get some of those guided weapons on target. Lets learn how to identify our phase lines and shoot the right targets and not the friendlies.
    • The recon element is coming back. This role is very tricky as it is a balance of patience and long range capability that can upset the balance of the game. AI often do a terrible job of reacting to contact over 600m away. How you use the role to deliver intelligence, keep friendlies safe and balance the desire to shoot everything at range with the fact that there are 20 other players who want to have a fight by the time they get to the AO and within their range.
    • We have tweaked our template for Mechanized Operations since Operation FreeBirds. Let us share our new draft template.
    • Reaction to Contact - Reaction to Ambush - Advanced Manuevers (Peeling) - Why use Formations?

As you can see there is really no end to stuff we could cover!

Taking advantage of the inevitable time zone confusion we will be able to start up at 2pm New York time and just extend our lessons/drills/practice and then take what we know to a real time mission!

Sign up will be asked for to track attendance and because it will be a password event. You can sign up during the event. Include what you would like to learn and maybe we can incorporate it too!

In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none) -
    Training requests -
    Last edited by Unkl; 10-31-2014, 08:01 AM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Tactical Gamer University - Training Day - Sun Nov 2nd 1900z

Hmm, looking like a really really easy day to be an instructor :)
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

if I won't be instructing then...

In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none) - 355th
      Training requests - Advanced infantry, infantry leadership, artillery, FO/JTAC?
      - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none) - 355th
        Training requests - JTAC (ground as well as aircraft aspects)
        Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

In-House Division: none
          Training requests: Same as Xor really :) Advanced infantry, infantry leadership, artillery, FO/JTAC?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I'll be available as my 11 y/o may have a make up futbol game Sunday. I'll check in if I'm around but can't commit fully.

I've always wanted to learn how to auto rotate in a chopper that has taken fire and has to land in a hurry. Not sure if this will be addressed. I'm up for instruction with the new AT weapon standard as well...Basically I'm up for anything you want to do.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Training requests: Artillery. (Teaching) Everything else I will be happy to learn.
              The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Training requests: anything

Comment

In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none) - Unaffiliated
                  Training requests - Specialty Roles, (Recon, APC/Tank Crews), Vehicle Weapon Systems, Guided Weapons.
                  Are you saying the specialty roles are Recon, APC,/Tank Crews? Or are those separate things?
                  Also I will have not had any sleep so I might be a little sleepy so don't count me as a guaranteed show. Or at least info on the next Training Day?
                  Last edited by J.BECKNER; 11-02-2014, 06:16 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The 189th Infantry Brigade
                    Drill hot insertions as mech inf and air cav.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

We have soooo much stuff lined up to be able to deliver there is absolutely no way we'd cover it. There are some imperatives we will be hitting and much of it will be chosen by who is on the server. Get on and speak up!

We have a start time of 2pm EST New York because of the time change.

1. Recon
                      • Teaching that a recon unit's primary job is to stay hidden and gather intelligence on larger operations is a good starting point.
                      • Teaching tactics and strategies to remain undetected are great.
                      • How to gather information for an intel report by taking notes and to stay off coms until you have something important to say.
                      • How to make a concise report (here I think the use of markers in command channel are much better suited than writing down a bunch of grids, and making someone else write down your grids and then put the markers down (that would just be ridonkerous)).
                      • Even some basics on Forward Observing, Calling in Artillery and corrections. This is stuff Garthra will cover.
                      • And yes, some tips on taking out targets at range. (Timing, Marksmanship, Different optics, Covering sound signature, etc...)
                      • The role of your spotter/buddy in keeping you safe.

2. Aircrafts
                      • Transport tips - how to fly low altitude and land without the altitude gaining flare.
                      • Different cargo capability of the Arma choppers
                      • Attack helo - gunning (guided & unguided)
                      • Attack helo - piloting
                      • Fixed wing - taking off/landing
                      • Fixed wing - setting up ip's or stations
                      • Fixed wing - the gun run

3. UAV/UGV
                      • UAV waypoints - manual control
                      • UAV target lasing
                      • UAV guided GPU
                      • UGV - controls - cargo capability - keeping safe
                      • UGV - weapon systems

4. Hot Insertions
                      • Learning your vehicle cargo capability and exit points
                      • Getting out on command - Getting the 360 - 5 step rule
                      • Hot left - Hot right ect...
                      • APC insertion drill
                      • Helo insertion drill
                      • Live fire trials

5. Artillery
                      • What FO needs to know - target type, grid, elevation, spread, corrections
                      • What Battery Officer needs to know - positon of gun, target info, range, how to use the spreadsheet, coms, corrections
                      • What Gunner needs to do - how to lay the gun, set charge and coms, fire discipline
                      • Organization variances (3 man team FO in group, BO at gun) (2 man team BO with PL - FO done by forward troops through CoC) (FO by UAV/UGV, BO & Gunner)

6. Leadership (based on Fireteam Leadership)
                      • CLAP
                      • How FT's can expect to be used in a squad element
                      • Coms discipline
                      • Basic Formations (if we have new players)
                      • Peeling

7. Leadership (based on Squad Leadership)
                      • Squad leader hands on (do as I do)
                      • Responsibility to players and server
                      • Responsibility to TG Primer
                      • L shaped attack
                      • Actions on ambush
                      • Sitrep
                      • Locstat
                      • ACE report
                      • Coms discipline
                      • Supporting FTL's

All of this is intended to give an indication of the forthcoming TGU content and is not a substitute for it. We are trying out some new concepts that will be better reflected in the actual course content that will be coming.

Remember, be kind to your instructors this is a first and very rough run at a new model for delivering content. We are throwing all the paints at the canvas to see what looks good. Appreciate your feedback, patience and participation. Some instructors are not going to be official TGU instructors so be good to these volunteers as well.

This should be a lot of fun.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

If I show up 90 minutes late would that be acceptable? I don't want to disrupt the flow of instruction and sadly can't make the start time. But I also don't want to miss out on learning what I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                          If I show up 90 minutes late would that be acceptable?
                          We expect people to drop in. Especially those who forgot to change their clocks in the US/Canada. Don't worry, that capability is built into this event and one of the reasons we are running it this weekend.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

None

anything but piloting

Comment

In-House Division: N/A
                              Training requests: None, will find something available from the list.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X