Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tactical Strike - new game style for TG Arma 3

TACTICAL STRIKE

Tactical Strike is a specific game style server built to fill a niche of small tactical operations for TacticalGamer. Its aims are to to use the Arma 3 engine to create small special ops type missions that have 6-8 players tops with strict mission time limits. Think Ghost Recon but in Arma 3.

No game out there exists that really fills this niche at the moment. A fast paced cooperative mission that also requires planning and teamwork to achieve success. Insurgency is probably the closest game out there at the moment. But lets add in the multiple stances, head movement, amazing mission customization that A3 allows...well we can tailor the missions so they are only limited by our imagination.

Here are the bullet points:
    • 6-8 players (hard limt)
    • 1 hour limit on missions (mission will fail if timed out)
    • Open server - no password, public welcome

This has been conceived as almost trying to create a new game from within A3. It will not be like anything else that we are offering as we are building a whole distinct experience. The same Arma Admin team you know and love will be heading up the policing of this server to ensure that public play meets TG standards.

However, there is more. Tactical Strike is also firmly routed in the present day. It is largely about special operations targeting insurgent or guerrilla combatants. To that end we had to get some new weapons and enemy units. We are starting out with the following:
    1. Robert Hammer's M4 variants for A3 - beautiful models that look and feel great to use
    2. Middle Eastern Conflict mod - adds a lot of insurgent type units and vehicles (it's really a collection of mods due to the number of dependancies)
    3. Bornholm - an incredible new terrain that was built for the Make Arma Not War contest. Back to coniferous trees and many areas that may remind you of Chernarus. It's a truly unique map that has many varied terrains and fighting conditions.

HOW DO I GET STARTED?
    First off, you will require PlayWithSix (PWS). Due to some of the MEC dependancies not being signed by a key, PWS has done that. So, we are using that key and thus you will have to get the mods from this source. Thankfully, PWS now allows us to share mod collections and once you have PWS installed you will be able to grab the collection with a simple link.

PLAY WITH SIX APP
    Link to the TACTICAL STRIKE MOD COLLECTION in your browser
    Link to the TACTICAL STRIKE MOD COLLECTION from within PWS or:
    Code:
    pws://?c=stY0ovmMFUec-KdrggNwAA

You will get in your folders:
    @caf_ag
    @CBA_A3
    @RH_M4_A3
    @NATO_Russian_SF_weapons
    @MEC
    @RDS
    @RDS_StaticW_CAG
    @RDS_tank
    @Bornholm

You can choose within PWS to install your mods to your ...Documents\Arma 3 folder or into your game directory. It will also ask you if you want to copy your existing mods instead of downloading. The total size is close to 3 gigs. We may change this as we develop this concept.

More info will be coming soon. Remember, your admins are not your tech support desk. You may find them willing to help you but they do not owe anyone here to drop their limited game time to walk you through getting PWS and the mods configured.

The server is running at 208.43.76.154 and port 2353. It is live and running now. We hope you enjoy this new flavour of gaming at TacticalGamer. We know these alterations should bring a good bunch of TG players into the A3 world again and it will offer up some new content for the A3 crowd as well. We are really looking forward to how this will develop in the next few weeks. Join us for a few games won't you?
    Last edited by Unkl; 11-20-2014, 08:40 PM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Tactical Strike - new game style for TG Arma 3

Awesome stuff Unkl, downloading it right now. (if I can figure it out how)
    sigpic

Comment

wow! sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. :)
      sigpic

Comment

Is it tested/workin?

If im correct remember @NATO_Russian_SF_weapons had problems with wear, in [MENTION=34830]Born[/MENTION]holm there are places where players stuck and cant get out/move away.
        Hope developers have fix it all.

Comment

Tactical Strike is in development as of right now. We are aware there are some issues with some of the MEC dependencies but for now we are working around them at the mission making level. Nothing beats play testing so things will likely develop as time goes on. I'll have more on how that will work soon. For now there is two introductory missions on the server and another that will allow you to explore the island with a Zues to give you goodies (and maybe a challenge or two).

We will create a thread for discussions on issues and it won't be in this one.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm really psyched about Tactical Strike and the play style it supports at TG Arma III. I'm also looking forward to seeing what sort of things our mission makers can create :)

In case anybody is having issues, here are the steps I followed with PWS to get up and running (I already had PWS installed). There may be a better way but this worked for me and Solo. Don't be alarmed by the number of steps, it takes about 1 minute to do:

1) Logged into the PWS website (using the "login" link at the top of the PWS web page, not the "Login and Subscribe" button on the collection). I use Chrome and the collection web link in Unkl's post above.
            2) Subscribed to the mod collection in the browser.
            3) Opened the PWS app
            4) Logged in to the PWS app (link on the bottom right)
            5) Found the "Tactical Strike" collection was already in the A3 mods section.
            6) Hit "install",
            7) Came back a bit later and hit "Launch" :)
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, its like an early Christmas! New Missions, weapons, and terrain for more TG teamwork focused fun :)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tomorrow!

Comment

The old guy got r done! I am ready to go.

Comment

posting this in case anyone else runs into the same issue:

PlayWithSix gave me fits subscribing (even though I've used it for mod downloads in the past). i would get a 404 when i clicked subscribe, both on the website or in the WithSix application. what finally solved it was to load the Tactical Strike webpage in a browser, right click the Subscribe link and choose Copy link. then i pasted it in a new window and clicked enter. everything i know about web browsers tells me that should make no difference, but it worked!

once the website showed i had subscribed, indicated by the Subscribe button changing to an Unsubscribe button, the collect showed up in the App and began downloading.

Comment

Cool! eagar to try it out!
                    [MENTION=109039]Noyava[/MENTION]
                    Going through the same issues that you've mentioned, but still trying to figure out how to initiate the download & install.

EDIT

Figured it out, thanks to @Will.

EDIT EDIT [MENTION=34009]ChiefBoatsRet[/MENTION] I'm back Chief! (for now)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Good to have you back Low. For now is is good!

Comment

So, I just downloaded PlayWithSix, and now my screen is a literal cluster **** of ads!?!?!?

What the heck!?!?!

EDIT:
                        Okay, apparently I clicked on an ad with a very legitimate looking "DOWNLOAD" looking button on it called "File Opener", and Jesus Christ did it have adware. Probably got more viruses then a discount brothel now :(
                        Last edited by Pale Horseman; 11-13-2014, 08:05 PM.
                        "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Despite my dislike for asterisks, going to leave that post as a good reminder to everyone to watch what you click on in PWS. They do require ads to pay for their development. You can go for the premium subscription to have them removed and get faster download speeds. It's just an option...I am on the fence if I want to commit to it yet. Still, good reminder to look for the legitimate download button.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Had a good time running these missions today. The Docks provided the scene for some quality fire fights. I was playing medic on the one completion I was a part of. Having only one medic and no re spawns raised the stakes and made every move across open ground nerve wracking. Really had to check corners and keep low :)

Looking forward to more!

Comment

Here is a quick video showing how I got the mods installed for anybody having issues.

EDIT: GET THE LATEST LINK FROM THE TS CHANNEL!! PWS confounded me for a second and I had to rebuild the collection. Unk.
                              Last edited by Unkl; 12-07-2014, 08:37 PM. Reason: correcting link to collection
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X